You Won't Find Vintage Trump Nostalgia Here

In Afghanistan girls end their education at 13, or after 6th grade-I believe. So is there a war on girls and their education in the Islamic World?

10 Likes

A great story, which originally appeared in the NYT, on Walz’s work as a coach and how it might give us insights into the man most of us were introduced to this week. I especially liked this part:

A 1995 drunken driving arrest upended his time on the sidelines. Mr. Walz, who eventually pleaded guilty to reckless driving, kept his teaching job but resigned from his coaching roles, despite pleas from his colleagues to remain.

“We all tried to talk him out of it because, in our eyes, none of us were perfect,” Mr. Almond said. “But in Tim’s eyes, he made a mistake on something he preached to the kids.”

26 Likes

GOP says “Bring it on!!”

9 Likes

It looks like the Montana rally shows the Trump Train is back on the rails:

51 Likes

He’s got a lot of money for a general of any kind. The evangelicals are deep in the military, and deep in the Pentagon.

7 Likes

Well prior planning does seem to work out dontcha know? Don’t tell DonOLD.

10 Likes

A lot of money in dicking over the VA. The Repubs have been doing it since the year dot.

10 Likes

Creating a cabinet position for golf with Nick Faldo as its head.

18 Likes

Trump really, really, REALLY needs to win this election. For myriad legal reasons, and the psychic damage to his very being that would occur should he lose a second time. If it ever became apparent, as the election neared, that he was almost surely losing, how far would he go, what would he resort to, to salvage a win? Would he reach out to people capable of removing Harris from the race? By whatever means necessary?

18 Likes

So glad Pete is out there. He is such a gifted politician. video at link

40 Likes

Absolutely. The GOP is the party of the shooter on the hill.

3 Likes

Religious extremism and horrific abuse of women and children are inextricably linked.

32 Likes

None of my musing was idle or in jest. I think Trump, and/or those around him, are more than willing to take extreme measures if needed.

11 Likes

Short answer…absolutely. He’s not going down alone.

5 Likes

THats a rhetorical question, right?

5 Likes

“Cathago delenda est.”

Cato the Elder

“Trump delenda est.”

All of us

21 Likes

“Eradicate climate change references”; only talk to conservative media; don’t leave a paper trail for watchdogs to discover. In a series of never-before-published videos, Project 2025 details how a second Trump administration would operate.

Yep, and not just eradicate climate change references but abolish NOAA, along with the EPA and Dept. of Education. Because NOAA scientists talk too much about climate change. Bad climate scientists, Bad!

I’m sure farmers will appreciate not being able to get accurate weather information, and coastal residents don’t really need to get hurricane warnings, do they? We wouldn’t even be able to rely on the European weather models because they use NOAA satellite data. I guess we’ll just let all whose satellites fall out of orbit. Maybe Musk and SpaceX can sell us all weather information.

This exposes how weak, not to mention stupid, the Project 2025 agenda is. The Heritage Foundation troglodytes know that they don’t have the number of fellow believers to replace all the government employees in these Federal agencies. NOAA alone has 12,000 employees including 6,773 scientists. So the only way to achieve their goals is to just abolish the agency.

36 Likes

Mississippi and Louisiana have proposals in the legislature to ban school girls from attending shop classes if they’re menstruating.

15 Likes

Yes! A thousand times yes! I hadn’t remembered the golden/silver/bronze progression, but I think you’re right. The nerdy types will recognize devolution when they see it.

7 Likes

Surprised not the FDA.

10 Likes