You Won't Find Vintage Trump Nostalgia Here

Originally published at: You Won’t Find Vintage Trump Nostalgia Here

Hello it’s the weekend, this is The Weekender :coffee: As the team and I were covering Donald Trump’s quest for attention disguised as a press conference at Mar-a-Lago this week, I had a moment of déjà vu. Here I was sitting at the same desk I sat at four years ago when we first began…

2 Likes

107 Likes

Hi all. We’re all justifiably excited by the Harris/Walz ticket, but it’s important that we don’t let this energy flag. Remember…

74 Likes

He’s going to lose. Our job is to run up the score, grind MAGA into dust, and salt its grave (metaphor trifecta!).

114 Likes

The Candy Man (the Candy Man)
Oh, the Candy Man can (the Candy Man can)
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world feel good (makes the world feel good)

Acyn observes:

Not sure how helpful it is to bring up Ronny Jackson to call Tester a hippopotamus after whining about being called Candyman

45 Likes

“Bronze Age Pervert”, “Catturd”, “Alpha Male”, etc.

It is very helpful that the fringe right has so thoroughly lost its self-awareness that their own labels reveal who they really are with no explanation required.

60 Likes

The critical point right now is how organized & prepared the GOP is about rigging vote certification in 17 states. Dems need to get busy & have lawyers ready to sue as they are serious about creating chaos & delay on certifying the vote.

what rules are in place to halt this. It was extremely disconcerting to learn that in GA they banned Raffensburger from being voting member of elections board as SOS then followed that up by banning him from being member of the board entirely. So, if SOS does not have oversight nor is member of board who will engage the electors when they refuse to certify the votes for entire state.

This is huge problem & they are ahead on planning. If the national vote is not certified can the elected President be inaugurated? Does lack of vote certification halt transfer of power.? Will Biden remain in office until votes are certified? Could he resign from office & allow VP to assume mantel of Presidency as it would be succession of power vs the quagmire of elected due to failure of states to certify?
These are issues I’m worried about now.

43 Likes

29 Likes

Oh, yeah. Jesse Ventura endorsed Kamala Harris. Go figure.

47 Likes

He’s listing all the things he’s been accused of as if it was just one guy (he said, he said, he said), but I don’t see any denials. Did he eventually get around to saying these statements (coming from multiple sources) were false? Is Ronny mad because he’s being defamed? or is his mad because we’re not supposed to talk about him?

32 Likes

Regarding Bronze Age Pervert. Bronze age has two possible meanings. The historical one, referring to the period when bronze became the primary metal for weapons and presumably other objects before it was replaced by iron. That’s the era sort of recounted in the Homeric epics in Greece, but it was much more widespread. Also, the Romans and Greeks had a belief in ages starting with the Golden Age (probably analogous to the Garden of Eden myth), the slightly less wonderful Silver Age, followed by the Bronze Age (i.e., further decline), then the Heroic Age (when the myths took place; so basically the same as the historical Bronze Age) and finally the awful present Iron Age.

Given the strand of paganism and cultivation of the pre-Christian classical period in some right wing thought, I suspect the reference is to that myth. But I’m not sure how or why it would work beyond the kind of geekiness that these pseudo-intellectuals revel in.

21 Likes

A someone here mused yesterday, if what the GOP is doing at the state level as to our elections is so immoral, unethical and possibly illegal, why is it up to private lawyers like Marc Elias to sue them, instead of the DOJ? What they’re doing is either illegal, or it’s not. If it’s illegal the Feds should be hauling them into court. Maybe the government is pursuing remedies and pushing back, but not much is made of those efforts in the media if it’s happening.

53 Likes

He did recklessly prescribed narcotics and kept poor records. It was the reason Trump did not appoint him to head up the V.A.

31 Likes

Couldn’t tell ya. He and Trump are highly aggrieved individuals who both consider themselves to be very serious people. They hate being mocked.

27 Likes

I love how ADMIRAL Ronny Jackson is now CAPTAIN Ronny Jackson.

I could NEVER figure out why the Army could not ‘call up’ Mike Flynn and then try him for his ‘misbehavior’ on J6. The idea of his getting his General’s pension ticks me off.

53 Likes

Now, I don’t do the Daily Mail owing to it’s questionable reputation, but occasionally it can provide amusement.

The Golden Palace of Nip’n’tuck.

32 Likes

I just saw this, and I don’t understand why it hasn’t gone viral. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

35 Likes

OT. While the world moves ahead, Iraq is addressing a pressing problem for its people. The parliament is moving forward a bill that will legalize the marriage of 9-year-olds.

13 Likes

Tester didn’t have to label Jackson as the candy man. The Department of Defense IG did it for him. And us. “This We’ll Defend.”

And TCF wants to make the candy man his United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs

34 Likes

burst out laughing."

53 Likes