Wisconsin Republicans’ Election Investigator Threatens To Jail Mayors Of Green Bay, Madison | Talking Points Memo

And the Aurora PD says, "“I can’t remember the last time something like this happened. Just a clerical error in our record unit that has since been addressed by the supervisor, and now [there is] more of a checks and balances type thing,”

Whoopsie! Sorry about that clerical error that entered your back near the T7 vertebrae…

19 Likes

I wish asses like this were held accountable for bad faith distortion of the law.

Disgustingly, the overriding theme of the current gop is an all encompassing lack of accountability for their actions.

5 Likes

If you live in Aurora…and have a name that ends in a vowel.

2 Likes

The cheddar is strong with this one

4 Likes

Why does Biden keep failing?!

12 Likes

She’s sending Chris Cristie after this dem

(Checks spelling)

Sorry, thought you said “Fat Wad”

My bad

5 Likes

The Aurora Police Department said last year that officers conducted a “traffic stop” under the belief that Gilliam had stolen her car because it shared the license plate number of a stolen motorcycle. Officers later realized that the motorcycle had plates from a different state.

34 Likes

It’s worse than what happens at the federal level, this guy was elected to his former position.

7 Likes

In Aurora, that counts as ‘diversity’.

4 Likes

This is the only way to stop it. Well, this and victim lawsuits. Start holding the perps parents/guardians accountable for providing access to weapons and ammunition.

11 Likes
19 Likes

They thought he was black.

2 Likes

Since when does an attorney have the power to jail someone?

10 Likes

A stolen motorcycle plate would be smaller than a car’s plate.

Who cares what state?

18 Likes

The suspected stolen vehicle was a mini-van. Understandable mistake.

13 Likes

Did Gableman play football? Did he wear a helmet?

6 Likes

Should? Yes. Will? Not on your life.

1 Like

Exactly, not like it was a full sized van…

4 Likes

I just heard on NPR that the school had notified the parents earlier than the day of the shooting that their son’s behavior was disturbing. The meeting between parents and the school was over the fact that school wanted them to withdraw their son, and get him mental help. They left without their son.

It sure does look like that they were informed of a problem and not chose not to deal with it, but increased the threat by either outright buying him a gun, or not locking up their armory.

I had a friend who has two daughters. They each were involved in shooting, shooting competitions, and the youngest was vying for a place on the Jr Olympic shooting team.
When the youngest graduated from HS and was in either her freshman or sophomore year of college she was having mental problems. She was seeing a doctor, and diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. When my friend was telling me all of this I asked her specifically if she and her husband had thought to change the combination on the gun safe. Not sure if they did, but at least I pointed out the threat.

21 Likes

A clerical error could get one killed in Aurora, CO. At minimum manhandled, cuffed and a knee in the back while not resisting in the least.
Take home lesson …“To serve and protect” seen on a cop car is a lie.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available