Wisconsin Republicans’ Election Investigator Threatens To Jail Mayors Of Green Bay, Madison | Talking Points Memo

An attorney leading an investigation of the 2020 elections for Wisconsin’s legislative Republicans has threatened to jail the mayors of Wisconsin’s second- and third-largest cities if they don’t meet his demands.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1396932

DeSantis has volunteered to send the Florida State Guard to arrest them.

51 Likes

Time to go on a nice long vacation, Mayors.

8 Likes

The DOJ should have something to say about this I would think unless the Feds just want to stand by and allow Rethuglickers to stop elections altogether.

62 Likes

Fuck him.

40 Likes

When you can’t even copy/paste your Nazi pablum correctly.

16 Likes

And then I get push back when I say that I given up in White America…sheesh

17 Likes

Michael Gableman, a former state Supreme Court justice filed petitions for “writ of attachment” against the two mayors in county court this week, accusing the mayors of failing to appear for testimony without explanation.

and Gableman also told the mayors he’d be sending the gestapo to round them up in the wee hours of the morning should they not swear allegiance to Wisconsin’s one true cult.

28 Likes

I’d settle for Disbarment.

24 Likes

OT. I can imagine Fox News headline will be something like “Law abiding gunowners persecuted for exercising their rights” .

49 Likes

That Racine Wisconsin sheriff got his badge out of a Crackerjacks box!

7 Likes

I think you misread the box label

11 Likes

Or, perhaps more poignantly, fuck her.

2 Likes

Gableman seems intent on filling the void lately left by Giuliani as the loudest horse’s ass in the GOP.

22 Likes

Mayor Genrich intends to serve the Special Counsel with a motion for sanctions

Yes, hit them back for their bullshit.

Also did you ever see such a bullet-headed over-weight pig?

— Other than Looney DeJoy?

18 Likes

Follow the money (from his 2008 campaign for WI supreme court):

27 Likes

And why hasn’t the kid who bought Shittenhouse his gun been charged?

25 Likes

I’m not a lawyer so I don’t know whether the feds have specific jurisdiction in a case like this. But to the extent possible, the DOJ needs to start getting a lot more involved in holding these anti-American republican politicians accountable for undermining our elections, our democracy, and our constitution. The DOJ’s response to all the ratf*ckery these guys have been engaged in has been underwhelming, to say the least. C’mon Garland, our republic is burning and you’re playing the fiddle.

33 Likes

“Mad Hatter: “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”
“Have you guessed the riddle yet?” the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.

“No, I give it up,” Alice replied: “What’s the answer?”

“I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

24 Likes

Wisconsin is Appalachia, without the mountains.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available