Why You Can't Call The Roberts Court 'Conservative' Any Longer

Yes, and seeing as some prison staff operate on the level of Keystone Kops I wouldn’t be surprised to see the podcasts continue.

3 Likes

Penny awaits the immunity decision.

16 Likes

If anyone cares:
FIRST!
Corner Post, Inc. v. Board of Governors

Justice Jackson calls the “flawed reasoning and far-reaching results of the Court’s ruling in this case” “staggering.”

She writes that “there is effectively no longer any limitations period for lawsuits that challenge agency regulations on their face.”

Not a lawyer but seems consistent with Chevron.

15 Likes

3 dissenters.

Neil Katyal expects social media cases coming next?

Has anyone happened to drive past Mrs. Alito’s flagpole today ?

12 Likes

The courts are going to be clogged with these administrative law cases. More $$ for lawyers!

16 Likes

The United States Supreme Court - why we can’t have nice things.

17 Likes

Vanguard America flag:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 101826

5 Likes

I’m still running into bugs

4 Likes

The lawyers in my extended family are all in personal injury. Maybe they picked the wrong specialty…

5 Likes

Now that’s biological warfare that I can get behind!

12 Likes

The court vacates both decisions on Texas and Florida’s social media laws, in Moody v. NetChoice, LLC, explaining that neither of the lower courts properly considered the nature of the First Amendment challenges

3 Likes

Let’s not forget last week’s ruling which maintained that quid pro quo is still illegal but quo pro quid is perfectly fine! A great piece of jurisprudence written by Justice Kavanaugh that appears to say as long as the bribe comes after the corruption all is good. As a mere mortal these lofty thoughts are way above my ability to comprehend.

23 Likes

Trump dropped. 6-3
No immunity for unofficial acts.
Presumptive immunity for non-core official acts?

10 Likes

Not fully immune.

“Presumption of immunity for official acts”

6 Likes

‘The Screaming Hyperdermics’.

Court says the pressuring of officials is a part of his “official acts”

Mother fucker.

16 Likes

WTF does that mean?

5 Likes

Pressuring officials by threatening their lives?

4 Likes