Why You Can't Call The Roberts Court 'Conservative' Any Longer

Originally published at: Why You Can’t Call The Roberts Court ‘Conservative’ Any Longer

A special edition of Morning Memo focused exclusively on last night’s presidential debate. Sign up for the email version. POWER GRAB The most consequential decision yet from the six-justice Roberts supermajority was sandwiched between President Biden’s debate pratfall Thursday night and this morning’s Supreme Court decision on former President Trump’s immunity from criminal prosecution. So…

1 Like

Unhinged Lindsey Graham Threatens Retribution If Republicans Regain Power | Crooks and Liars

15 Likes

56 Likes

Will Skeevy Stevie’s bugs get the death sentence today?

10 Likes

From the article:

Graham: Does Iran get a nuclear weapon because they think Joe Biden’s so compromised, he’s not going to do anything about it?

If only Biden hadn’t trashed the agreement which limited Iran’s ability to produce fissionable material . . ., oh, wait . . .

44 Likes

Seriously? The MM link to the comment section still hasn’t been fixed?

5 Likes

@TuesdayAddams111

69 Likes

Justice Roberts prepares to address reporters.

25 Likes

The front door worked here.

He’s full of shit on this and he knows it. Iran is continuing to stop short of developing the Bomb (while still gearing up to do it quickly if they need to), because it would trigger a local arms race. The Saudis would be next, and a nuclear standoff between Iran and the Saudis is not something anyone in that region wants.

15 Likes

PuPPY!

45 Likes

You must have propped it open once you battered it down.

7 Likes

First to comment, had to come in by the back door, perhaps that resets comments, just speculation

5 Likes

BLM goat grazing program, decluttering the arroyos near my home:

29 Likes

the defining characteristic isn’t conservatism at all but the accrual of power to the judiciary at the expense of the executive and legislative branches.

This would be a good time to elect a Democratic President and Senate.

In other news, Steve Bannon camera shy today?

19 Likes

Per time stamp I was three minutes after you, and also needed the back door. I can deal with it.

2 Likes

So, just how much of an outrageous, irrational, clusterf**k of a decision will SCOTUS issue today as to Trump’s immunity assertion?

13 Likes

Indeed, the conservative court is not legislating from the bench, they are RULING from the bench.

32 Likes

He’s still putting on his shirts.

15 Likes

Hurricane Beryl takes aim at Windward Islands as Category 4 storm (msn.com)
Beryl is the earliest Category 4 hurricane on record in the Atlantic and the only Category 4 storm ever recorded in June.

Only seven named storms have formed over the last 173 years in this sector of the Atlantic before July 4, according to Accuweather.

Alberto, the first tropical storm of the season, made landfall over Mexico on June 20 and then pummeled Texas the next day with rain.

Tropical Storm Chis, the third named storm of the season, made landfall in eastern Mexico late Sunday.

11 Likes

I can never find the back door. Coincidentally, never been a back door ghost.

3 Likes