What To Expect In Tonight’s Debate: Biden Needs The Palmetto State | Talking Points Memo

Yeah I tried to be hopeful, cuz I love and trust Reid. But jeez what a nonentity. He looks even worse next to Pelosi.

2 Likes

Only if he can say it in Norwegian. Which he taught himself. Give him an hour and he can tell you all about it.

4 Likes

He was too busy getting boners looking at his pictures of Flight-suit Bush.

Then again, he never praised the Cuban health-care-delivery system.

So I can see how you might have mixed feelings.

4 Likes

Whoa…wasn’t expecting the Pete hate to come on so quickly and so strong.

1 Like

Yes. But to be fair, he did try to atone for that, for whatever it’s worth.

There’s a documentary on him from couple years back. Anyway, John Lewis is heavily featured, and tears up throughout remembering his friend. So he must have been decent enough. Now John Lewis a damn saint. He has even forgiven former Klan members. So you can do with that what you will.

2 Likes

He’s got that John Edwards vibe to me. But a more pompous version. Without charisma.

3 Likes

Not with McGrath. It’ll be a repeat of 2014 where it looked close until right before the polls closed and Mitch instantly won. Only candidate with a shot is Charles Booker.

2 Likes

Without even breaking a sweat!

@kelaine

3 Likes

I don’t know why people say he’s so talented. I find him so smug. But I also don’t see the Bernie thing either. It utterly baffles me.

Other people don’t like Booker. I don’t agree with him a ton, but I find him super charming.

Taste is weird.

3 Likes

Yes!

(If by “See” we mean “Avoid At All Cost.”)

1 Like

Yes. While I don’t, I can understand that people do see that in him.

Hey…at least Pete won’t get a campaign worker pregnant while his wife is dying of cancer.

7 Likes

He’s likeable enough.

5 Likes

Yes, he’s that good…or he doesn’t have sweat glands.

2 Likes

Yeah. Most likely.

And tbh if you don’t mind that he may be one of the worst human beings currently alive, the gop should feel damned lucky to have him.

1 Like

I got that reference!

3 Likes

This is an under appreciated quality. True.

2 Likes

I predict … a few waves.

3 Likes

I like Booker too. How can someone not love a vegan who shovels his neighbors sidewalks, opens his home to victims of Hurricane Sandy, and runs into burning buildings to save people?

5 Likes

I love John Lewis, but in the Department of Even The Saints Have Feet of Clay, he sponsored the bill that prevented the IRS from getting a simple and effective on-line tax form. This was done at the behest of Intuit and HR Block, and it screwed the American people - especially the less wealthy.

5 Likes