Weeks After Abrupt Cancelation, Giuliani Testifies Before Jan. 6 Panel For Hours - TPM – Talking Points Memo

“I never liked the color pink.”

9 Likes

That’s a very good point, and I suspect that one of the major unannounced goals of the televised hearings will be to communicate with to the non-MAGA part of the GOP about how anti-democratic and criminal Trump actually is.

It is strange to think that our republic, if we make it through the next few years without a congressional putch, may have been saved by the incompetence of GOP legislators who refused to take part in the hearings.

17 Likes

Neither you nor I nor anyone but those involved have any clue what he did or didn’t share. Even the part you quoted says that it’s unclear. Quite frankly, considering his potential legal exposure and his part in hyping the big lie, I very much doubt they were asking him any questions that they didn’t already know the answers to. And we’re talking about Rudy Giuliani testifying for seven hours, you don’t think that babbling drunk said anything in those 420 minutes that might be useful or incriminating? Have you ever been around a drunk person?

Also, “victory lap”? Aren’t we supposed to be on the same side?

28 Likes

How many times did that asshole take the 5th?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

2 Likes

Let’s hope Rudy said more than “Fifth Amendment!” and “I don’t remember” during his seven hours. It’s too much to hope that he under-bussed that former guy … but I can hope!

6 Likes

I’m trying to be polite. :smile:

5 Likes

This is true of good investigators and good prosecutors.
And the J6 Committee has a plethora of both.

16 Likes

I would have. It would be hard to keep “off topic” when you’re midway through a seven-hour testimony, to not let anything you’d heard or thought bleed through.

9 Likes

OT: Good morning, from Yoshi in the farm store:

23 Likes

From the article:

“… committee spokesperson Tim Mulvey said in a statement that Giuliani remains under subpoena because he is an “important witness to the conspiracy to overthrow the government.” Mulvey said that if Giuliani refuses to comply, the committee would “consider all enforcement options.””

Oooohhh, I’m sure that the old fart Rudy “Tootie” was really shaking in his boots after learning that – just like Meadows, Navarro, Scavino are, and even the one (Bannon) that actually did get indicted by a federal grand jury on two counts of contempt of Congress for his non-compliance. What makes us think that they would be impressed with the powers of the J6 Committee, the Congress, or the DOJ?

2 Likes

Bingo! It’s lucky for this country that there is (as yet) no Mitch McConnell of the House.

14 Likes

Hey! There are goats in the store! GOATS!!

14 Likes

With liberties
:musical_note: If you don’t know him by now, you will never, never, never know him :musical_note:

6 Likes

Don’t count on that continuing.

Here’s one of the most dangerous Radical Republicans, Anthony Sabatini who is calling for the arrest of Joe and Kamala…oh and he also wants to shut down that Gawdless abomination called Disney World…

5 Likes

I think it was Jonathan Swan who was on Deadline: WH the other day saying that from everything he’s hearing the 1/6 hearings are going to be incredible damaging to the GOP. He also said to expect a number of new revelations.

Right?! I’m fairly certain that the guy who held a press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping because he thought it was the Four Seasons and the guy who did a whole press conference with shoe polish streaming down his cheek is in no way bulletproof in anybody’s eyes. Hasn’t Trump pretty much cut ties with him too? I seem to remember reading something about that.

28 Likes

Except that the overwhelming majority of the Nazi, er, Republican Party sees nothing wrong with turning America into a KKKristian theocracy.

2 Likes

A fifth of what before testifying?

12 Likes

And many will be quite impressed and incentivised by what was done.

Let’s hope there are more in the “Repulsed” column.

4 Likes

Well, sure, Sabatini may be a fire-breathing wackadoo. But when I cite Mitch McConnell, I’m talking about a smart, cagey, patient person who looks far ahead, analyses laws, rules, and customs looking for their weak points, and doesn’t hesitate to do the unthinkable whenever it becomes advantageous. A person who can play “the long game”. Not just a reactionary, revachist crazy.

9 Likes

What did Yoshi decide to eat for breakfast?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available