Weeks After Abrupt Cancelation, Giuliani Testifies Before Jan. 6 Panel For Hours - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani reportedly testified virtually before the Jan. 6 Select Committee for more than seven hours on Friday, weeks after Giuliani’s abrupt cancelation of his interview with the panel earlier this month, according to CNN and the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1415884

His attorney must have told him he isn’t going to get a pardon from TMFWWNBN #45.

28 Likes

And the halls of Congress ran brown in rivers of shoe polish.

19 Likes

Giuliani reportedly took a break in the middle of the interview to host his hourlong radio show.

That just made me giggle.

39 Likes

Besides ranting about 9/11, what else did he provide? At least since it was on video, his farts didn’t affect the committee.

5 Likes

Yeah that gave ma a double take! Just clipped the sentence to comment.

2nd!

9 Likes

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during his testimony.

8 Likes

Who in God’s name would listen to him blather for an hour? Are there eleven people in the world who’d be interested in that? Because they’re starved for entertainment, I’ll say that much.

33 Likes

the committee is investigating Trumpworld’s months-long election steal scheme.

The committee has reached the point where a 5th Amendment response would be legitimate.

3 Likes

So…under oath…you muse about the mine field he was treading over the course of his testimony…how will it jibe with what they already have?

23 Likes

It is unclear what Giuliani disclosed to the committee…
Maybe … I’m just speculating.

28 Likes

I wonder if one of the Jan 6 investigators was tasked with listening to his show to hear if he would divulge anything.

38 Likes

I think you can judge that by the inculpatory stuff he just blurts out when he’s not being questioned by lawyers for a Congressional committee.

34 Likes

I’m betting that there are at least 11 members of the press and “internet influencers” like @acyn, for example, who would listen to him in order to record and report on something weird and/or stupid.

18 Likes

Well, sure. As noted above, when he starts babbling he’ll say all kinds of confidential stuff because his mind is mush. I was thinking in terms of an actual audience that would find those babblings interesting and persuasive. He’s even more of a bad-day Grandpa than Trump.

22 Likes

Some of the workers on the construction sites would put on talk radio when there was nobody home. Sean Hannity, Curtis Sliwa, Rudy Giuliani. I considered it a victory whenever we could agree to listen to Neil Young or Johnny Cash instead

27 Likes

Giuliani reportedly took a break in the middle of the interview to host his hourlong radio show.

Is that the excuse he gave?

24 Likes

Defies comprehension. I mean, in every way.

12 Likes

I’d like us all to take note of the fact that out of over 1,000 witnesses that the committee has interviewed only four have refused to testify. Four! Two of Trump’s children, his son in law, and now ole Rudy here testified for hours and hours and most did so without kicking up a whole lot of dust. I think this is important to remember the next time one of the resident Eeyores here start lamenting that everyone is just ignoring subpoenas and that the Dems are feckless and can’t get anybody to testify.

55 Likes

Who in the world are the show’s sponsors?

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available