WaPo: 2 Arrested For Assault Of Capitol Police Officer Who Later Died After Jan. 6 Attack | Talking Points Memo

Exactly.
The children’s song still rings in my ears.

Gonna catch a big one.

Splish, splash…

1 Like

The “Felony Murder Doctrine” definition from Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute:

”A rule that allows a killing that occurs in the course of a dangerous felony, even an accidental death, to be charged against the felon as first-degree murder. A felon can be guilty of murder during the course of the dangerous felony even if the felon is not the killer, as might happen when a robber kills a clerk – the driver of the getaway car, as well as the robber, may be charged with first-degree murder. The rule extends to unusual circumstances, such as the killing of one of two bank robbers by a bank security officer (the surviving robber may be charged with murder).”

Theoretically at least, not only could both of these goons be charged with First Degree Murder…

So might every single deplorable who stormed the Capitol that day.

(Of course, if I were assisting the prosecution, my advice would be: “You’re idiots to take legal advice from me, because I have no idea what I’m talking about.” Or words to that effect.)

20 Likes

At least, not one that has been made public.

10 Likes

I knew it as a camp song that I haven’t heard in 40 years or so. Listening to the lyrics is like the theme music to the 01/06 insurrection, eerie that is.

The handcuffed guy on the ground was combative? Man, that melanin clearly conveys some real super powers. Maybe cops should get some of that stuff.

12 Likes

I used to sing (well, not well) to my son some 30 years ago. It’s fun.

I can’t link anything real to the Grumpist terrorists, fortunately. Maybe i am just well-defended.

I can cite a number of explicit counter-examples. Of men shot while sitting in their cars awaiting a tow truck. Of children playing on playgrounds, of men talking on cell phones in their own back yards. Of men shot in the back while running away. All recent. You’re not wrong, in that their are cases where folks get in altercations, but that is by no means the only way to die at the hands of police officers if you’re black.

23 Likes

I am firmly of the opinion (my own) that if you coordinated with somebody to ‘be there’ and you arranged rides, went out and bought ‘equipment’, bought pepper spray and bear spray, wore protective or riot gear, coordinated with ANYONE ELSE, and were ever off the main path/main staircase…then what you did was premeditated and you were knowingly committing a crime and did so with intent. You don’t scale walls and attempt entry at side doors and windows just because you were there to ‘watch’ and got carried away.

Also, where did all the fire extinguishers come from? I have my own ideas why so many seem to be involved, but is anyone asking why insurrectionists brought fire extinguishers, their purpose in a melee, where they got them, and how it is one goes marching into a protest carrying them?

9 Likes

In dealing with law enforcement, LEO has a responsibility of deterrence from future violations.

TrumpWorld (RoJo, GOP in General, assorted TW goons) will excuse and advocate the excusal of all Insurrectionists.

If successful, why not more Insurrections?

3 Likes

This is just the same old lying coverup for police assault and murder.

2 Likes

Bullshit, dear.

4 Likes

Hence my caveat “A great many…” Those portraying what I said as all inclusive and all encompassing are reading impaired.

Two more Republicans off the streets.

4 Likes

I can too - In Ft. Worth, Atatiana Jefferson was sitting in her living room playing a video game with her nephew. Police shot her dead through the window. They’d been called for a welfare check.

11 Likes

It’s standard Fire Code that fire extinguishers be readily available in a public building.

3 Likes

Insurrection against the United States government, assault on Capitol police officers, etc. are not felonies?

2 Likes

So you follow up your misleading comment with an insult.

Following your impeccable logic, I can truthfully (!) claim that “(a) great many” of your comments are false and insulting.

While retaining 99.8 of the proceeds from the fund raising letter.

Pro tip for Trump dupes: Read the fine print.

3 Likes

Trumpism runs high among cops and other thug infested professions.

8 Likes

And they all should be charged and made an example of so it never happens again. That is what should happen, but it won’t because the perpetrators were largely middle-class, Republicans often with LEO and military ties, and, most importantly, white. And that is why we will continue to see armed goons threatening legislators all over the country.

4 Likes