Two Generals Have Now Issued Dire Warnings That Trump Is A Fascist

" I need the kind of generals that Hitler had,” Trump said. “People who were totally loyal to him, that follow orders.”

If he hadn’t fallen asleep in European history class, he’d know that Hitler’s generals tried to kill him.

Not that I’m hinting at anything.

52 Likes

Oh - we can add him to the list of immigrants topping the charts of billionaires destroying every aspect of American life along with Musk, Thiel, and Murdoch.

27 Likes

The NAZIs were a minority party in 1933. Facists don’t need a majority to impose their will on the population. They just need a population that doesn’t show up to vote.

46 Likes

Do I have to point out that the German Generals of World War II (and World War I) were losers?

31 Likes

It may not hold together if Harris wins.

And they’ll still be wiping their asses with rulebook after Harris wins. They’re not going to have some epiphany afterward unless maybe, maybe Harris got an extreme landslide win. Unlikely.

There’s some existential shit going on here.

50 Likes

The best food writer/personality of our age (as determined by me), the LA Times’ Jonathan Gold, died suddenly a few years ago. He was the only reason I subscribed to the LAT.

2 Likes

The cynic is me thinks that the Press is all over this because Kelly is the kind of Republican they all want as President and so there’s some transference going on. Of course, the cynic in me got that idea from the realist in me…

16 Likes

Maybe she should advise her “client” that he should spend twenty years in prison, like Nelson Mandela did. And, yes, she thinks Nelson Mandela was an American Civil Rights leader. Habba is stupid, stupid, stupid…

35 Likes

I’ve long wondered why the armed services or the agencies didn’t do something about a candidate who would obviously put an end to the professional ethos that they value so much. Better late than never!

9 Likes

Just keep Liz and Adam as friends without benefits.

9 Likes

Maybe he remembers that the prior dude from Bad Combover hanged a bunch of those generals with piano wire. Rommel would have gone that way except that he was a hero to the Volk, and so was allowed to commit suicide, and then Himmler Goebbels propagandized it as a death in combat.

H/T @Paracelsus for reminding me that Goebbels was the propagandist and Himmler was the Terrorist-in-Chief.

16 Likes

I’m so old I remember when you hit “continue discussion” you were able to continue discussion.

21 Likes

But he has a whole crop of mushrooms in his pants!

2 Likes

A population that is willfully stupid, wears blinders, doesn’t give a damn about anyone else, and loves that a white man is representative of triumphing over all their insecurities. Yep, fits the bill all right.

10 Likes

Depressing but worthwhile read.

How the hell is this even close? - by Stephen Robinson

8 Likes

That Atlantic article has much that’s familiar in it (to most everyone here), but it’s still very much worth a read for its new content and, more critically, to once again give those of us who hold the place of the military and those who serve in something like high regard, to give us a chance to wonder how on earth Trump is regarded as a serious candidate.

17 Likes

19 Likes

Kilmeade is an idiot, and proves it every time he opens his mouth.

41 Likes

I think Jeffrey Clark answered that question from a MAGA perspective: “That’s what we have the Insurrection Act for”

12 Likes

It occurred to me, not that it’s any great insight, that Republican so-called policies are bad for just about every demographic and age bracket in the US: From newborns through college students to working people to seniors.

Every group except the wealthy and the ramora fish that swim with them: high-end real estate jockeys, Lamborghini dealers, private jet manufacturers, et al.

31 Likes