Trump's Obsession With Violence Becomes More Explicit

But fear not — we will continue our craptastic campaign coverage and sanewashing of Mr. Trump.

58 Likes

It’s funny, but it seems to me that the people most likely to take up that “one day” challenge are the most likely to be actual criminals.

24 Likes

We’ll see how the Rep rhetoric here compares to the same after Katrina. I recall a lot of noise about the lazy folks in New Orleans and how they needed to just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop looking for government handouts. And Ted Cruz I’m looking at you wrt Sandy.

Bunch o’ jackasses…

38 Likes

“If we can’t lie, we can’t speak.”

FIFY

51 Likes

Apparently, Tennessee governor Bill Lee and other republican politicians never miss a chance to be hyper-partisan assholes, even in times of tragedy for their constituents.

Late Friday night, Tennessee House Republican Caucus chair Jeremy Faison posted “President Biden has finally approved [Tennessee governor Bill Lee’s] state of emergency request,” making it sound as if the delay in federal support for the state during the devastation of Hurricane Helene was Biden’s fault. In fact, while Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina all declared emergencies and requested and received federal approval of those declarations before the hurricane hit, Governor Lee did not.

Instead, in keeping with an April joint resolution from the Republican-dominated Tennessee legislature calling for 31 days of prayer and fasting to “seek God’s hand of mercy healing on Tennessee,” Lee proclaimed September 27 “a voluntary Day of Prayer & Fasting.”

Lee did not declare a state of emergency until late on September 27, after flash flooding had already created havoc. President Biden approved it immediately.

55 Likes

and there would have been paper towels

7 Likes

To the extent that anyone does, he does too.

He just knows the corrupt Russian owned dementia ridden asshole will sell him out to Putin as soon as he is re-elected. This is Zelenskyy doing the best for his country to try to prevent that

39 Likes

Man I hope Walz has just memorized all of those damning Tweets and emails and messages Vance wrote against Trump and just goes up there and rattles them off and says, “I don’t even need to be here, my opponent agrees with me that Trump is a terrible choice for President.”

Also hope he goes full Lutheran and just drops a dozen Bible verses on him. Since everyone on the right’s so keen on performative Christianity.

54 Likes

I would think Biden and Harris could make hay out of a strong and empathetic response to the flooding and devastation.

15 Likes

I realize that TFG wants to link Harris to Marxism via her father, but if we use the Trump Law of Transitive Greatness via a Relative’s Academic Achievement, she should be considered a Professor Emeritus in Economics, just as TFG is a physicist because of his uncle.
I don’t make the laws, I just apply the absurd rules that he creates to take credit for the achievements of others.

39 Likes

It’s like Goofus and Galant, except Goofus has aged exceptionally poorly.

12 Likes

don’t ruin my plans!

14 Likes

Harris Campaign spokesguy just now on MSNBC: “He has invented a dystopia that he is living in.”

57 Likes

Trump: Where is Kamala Harris’ father? I’d love to speak to him. Nobody’s heard from him

She needs some proxy to go on the news and remind everyone Trump’s dad was a member of the Klan. If we’re trying to connect the dots between what our parents believed and us.

39 Likes

Or at least deport Melania as a token of support.

19 Likes

. . . wouldn’t know shit if he ate it.

38 Likes

It’s living in his head like a brain tumor.

8 Likes

66 Likes

Or worm.

12 Likes

Here in Tucson, it will be 104 degrees today. It might get below 100 by a week from Thursday. This is not “weather,” this is climate change. It has never been this hot this long.

46 Likes