Trump's Obsession With Violence Becomes More Explicit

Originally published at: Trump’s Obsession With Violence Becomes More Explicit

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. ‘One Really Violent Day’ With five weeks until the election, and early voting underway, Donald Trump has returned to the themes that most animate him: ones grounded in race and racial violence. In a campaign…

2 Likes

frist?

This is Rayne Beau (rainbow), who recently walked from Yellowstone to California.

99 Likes

Yes you are! I’m second.

After churning across the southern US and causing massive destruction and dozens of deaths in North Carolina, Georgia and elsewhere, Hurricane Helene appears set to collide with the presidential campaign. **Donald Trump**will speak this afternoon in Valdosta, Georgia about the storm, undoubtedly with an eye on turning the swing state’s voters away from Kamala Harris. The former president has already made the hurricane’s destruction into an attack line on the Democrats, reportedlyaccusing Joe Biden of “sleeping” as the storm raged. Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania yesterday he also accused Harris of turning a blind eye to the destruction.

Biden plans to speak from the White House at 10.30am ET about his administration’s response to the storm, while Harris has announced the cancellation of campaign events in Las Vegas today so she can return to Washington DC and be briefed on the storm’s impact at Fema headquarters. She’ll arrive just after 5pm.

62 Likes

CBS decided not to fact check the guy that admitted on camera that he literally just makes shit up?!?!?

Somewhere Walter Cronkite’s grave is making a turbine sort of sound.

131 Likes

It really is as if Voldemort was running, and half the people voting scratched their chins and said, “Maybe if we got on his good side, we could benefit from his destructive magic…”

91 Likes

“The violence of Trump’s fantasies take many forms – police brutality, vigilantism, pro-wrestling theatrics – but in every form they serve as a projection of strength for a fundamentally weak, craven, and damaged man.“

Ya think?

55 Likes

When did Zelensky say the convicted felon “did nothing wrong?” And when did that “end” the impeachment?

It’s hard to watch the Ukrainian president having to stand there and take the nonsense. One hopes he didn’t understand all of the word salad.

76 Likes

Without fact checkers, Walz better have his full high school teacher command. Vance isn’t just misleading these days – like his boss, he’s out-and-out lying. Oh, and he appeared at an event hosted by religious extremist Lance Wallnau:

If only Harris WERE a witch, maybe she could turn these people into newts. And they wouldn’t get better.

84 Likes

Don’t see the other side trying to prevent you from being eaten by electric sharks.

26 Likes

How many more Gingriches do we need?

21 Likes

Dump spews while Biden quietly does the work.

74 Likes

Eating the local birds on the way.

9 Likes

Hell, we didn’t even need the first one.

45 Likes

Only the migrant birds.

22 Likes

I guess the lure of criming is so great that even those really smart criminals wouldn’t be able to resist criming on the really violent day/rough hour. They would say “goodness gracious, I could steal more than $950 dollars! I can leave my calculator at home!”

9 Likes

What is going to happen if the CBS moderators grow a pair, come prepared and do fact checking on their own? Shillbilly going to walk out?

Or if Coach Tim goes into school teacher mode and calls out Shillbilly’s lies as “lies”.

54 Likes

I firmly agree with the following statement and because of it, I DON"T understand how any person of color can vote for this man. I understand that the Democratic Party has disappointed minorities over the decades, but this doesn’t seem like a good time to punish the party, as TFG will punish minorities if he gets back in power. ETA: To be clear, I hope Dems will do more to support minorities.

Crime and immigration as racist code words are not new in general or specifically to Trump. He has fallen back on them over and over, as other rhetorical devices come and go. As has been observed repeatedly over the past decade, Trump seems to have a visceral personal reaction to the prospect of violence, especially as a means of cleansing or rejuvenating, a baptismal violence fantasy that he indulges when the going gets tough.

47 Likes

I’m always amazed at how much money the deep state is willing to spend to keep up the “Climate Change” hoax.

63 Likes

Twitter was all over Biden/Harris not doing anything. Some of the posts gave off vibes of why this damage isn’t cleaned up already. :roll_eyes:
Why are people’s expectation so far from reality? Someone please make this timeline of stupid go away.

74 Likes

“Ohio Republican Gov. Mike DeWine confronts Trump’s lies.“

As in, of course I’ll vote for you Donnie.

34 Likes