Trump’s PAC Handed Out $1M To Meadows’ Employer Just Weeks After Jan. 6 Panel Was Formed | Talking Points Memo

As long as the em-dash appears in front of the name… it’s legit.

—Mark Twain

16 Likes

Nearly Unanimous to Rename Post Office After John Lewis

February 2, 2022 at 7:03 am EST By Taegan Goddard

A House bill to rename an Atlanta post office after the late Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) passed 402 to 0, but Rep Chip Roy (R-TX) voted “present.”

Chip’s statement - (totally believable and sincere!!!)

John Lewis’s life of service and commitment to the civil rights movement is unparalleled. Tonight, I voted ‘present’ on the question of naming a post office after him because I decided a long time ago not to engage in the swamp games of naming buildings while our nation crumbles — including today when we achieved the dubious distinction of $30 trillion in debt.

16 Likes

Washington Seamen just had some issues you know?

17 Likes

So you think that donation kompromats him?

4 Likes

Is she the senator from Arizona or Texas? Or is she the senator from Big Oil?

2 Likes

Washington Generals was taken.

9 Likes

Brilliant

3 Likes

Washington Walrus’ would have been apt.

That’s what I find so ridiculous. At some point, all the money in the world isn’t going to be enough to bail you out after you’ve fucked up so royally. There’s also a point of diminishing returns where people are sick to death of seeing your ads. Plus, if Gallego decides to primary her, he’ll have all the money he needs to absolutely mollywop her. It’s all so damn stupid and a gigantic waste of money when all she had to do was just work with her own damn party to pass legislation. That’s all she had to do.

I’m cry-laughing. Thank you for this gem!

27 Likes

That will work out better for us. Separates the practical people from the dreamers.

3 Likes

“This is great news for Mark Twain”
John McCain

25 Likes

I love that movie!!!

It’s my all time favorite

4 Likes

Sinema Wooed GOP Donors While Vowing To Keep Filibuster

The day before she and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) sided with Republicans to keep the filibuster as is and, in so doing, block the path forward for voting rights legislation, Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) went to a Texas fundraiser and told an assembled group of donors that included top fossil fuel executives to ​​“rest assured” that she would vote against any changes to the filibuster, according to one executive who spoke to the Guardian.
… … … …

Sinema is more than willing to trade a basic American right (the right to vote freely) for money. Filthy lucre…
I should not post how I feel about her as it would get me banned for using seriously foul language.
But remember that she was willing to brag to her constituents about being a co-sponsor of both voting rights bills.

12 Likes

Soon ro be abbriated to washington commies. Committee work product detected.

17 Likes

The Washington team will have 9 commanders. No one will know who to listen to, there will always be 12 men on the field, and each post-game press conference will devolve into a backstabbing fight at the podium while those assembled look away in embarrassment.

10 Likes

Trump inherited a strong economy and still managed to add almost $8 trillion to the national debt, not counting the trillions that the Fed had to spend to keep the economy from going sideways after Trump allowed covid to spread like wildfire.

But, hey, who’s counting …

13 Likes

I heard that Trudeau was here in the US, stocking as many grocery store shelves as possible to help Sleepy Joe from the inflation horror the latter has inflicted on us all.

Oh, no, I just saw a BLM van cart off my Christian neighbors. Hep me, Chip, hep me!

10 Likes

Florida Federalist Society?
FFS!

10 Likes

That wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for antifa and BLM being the ones that submitted the spending bills.

4 Likes

Ain’t goin’ nowhere nohow. Cooking up a batch of venison stew.

3 Likes