Trump’s PAC Handed Out $1M To Meadows’ Employer Just Weeks After Jan. 6 Panel Was Formed | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

According to newly filed campaign finance records, the ex-president’s “Save America” political action committee gave $1 million to the Conservative Partnership Institute, a non-profit where former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows works as a senior partner, on July 26 last year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1403577
1 Like
51 Likes

25 Likes

The House Oversight Committee found that Trump’s hotel made $3.75 million from foreign governments in the first three years of his presidency.

Only $3.75 mil? Ok, whatevs. Hint, House Oversight Committee, the real thing to look into is the occupancy percentage for the hotel rooms they booked. Betcha it doesn’t crack 50%. Or even 20% for some countries.

37 Likes

Sinema’s political career is toast. What is she gonna do with the donations?

25 Likes

I would say we are looking at a million dollar bribe for silence (relatively speaking).

32 Likes

the ex-president’s “Save America” political action committee gave $1 million to the Conservative Partnership Institute, a non-profit where former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows works as a senior partner, on July 26 last year.

Guess that explains why markymeadows isn’t running for his old western NC congressional seat. Rainmakers get paid.

26 Likes
20 Likes

I got you, babe.

10 Likes

I fear that Josh was premature when he predicted that Kyrsten Sinema’s political career was over. She is not just foolish and capricious, she is downright dangerous. She has just the right mixture of ambition and lack of any moral strictures to make it in the post-Trump era.

8 Likes

Sinema: "senate vote for sale!, vote for sale over here! What, is this a bad look for me?’

38 Likes

You beat me by seconds!!!

8 Likes

OT:

Snow Day here in Wichita!

12 Likes

I’ve got flowers in the spring

13 Likes

What she doesn’t have is a constituency, any more, unless you count K Street. If she runs for anything in 2024 it’ll be as a 3rd party spoiler.

35 Likes

Oh, very much the same here in Colorado, with -24°C before sunrise tomorrow.

11 Likes

Luján is “expected to make a full recovery,” according to his office.

Thank God.

27 Likes

We are stuck in groundhog day, fore sure. It won’t end until the rat bastard is indicted and jailed.

21 Likes

A U.S. congressman appears to have convinced himself that Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has fled to the States in fear of a group of truck drivers who are protesting vaccine mandates. In two Twitter posts, Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) even called on the U.S. to deport Trudeau, even though the PM is not in the country. CNN reports that Roy fell for a baseless conspiracy theory posted by an anonymous Twitter account on Saturday. The original tweet showed a photo of Trudeau in the U.S. in 2016, and wrongly used that as evidence that he’d fled from ongoing vaccine protests. Firstly, Roy quoted that tweet and added the caption: “Is there a more gutless and cowardly display than a tyrant on the run?” A day later, he posted: “If Justin Trudeau is hiding in the United States, we should return him to Canada and make him face his own people immediately.” However, as would be expected, Trudeau is in Canada. Two hours before Roy tweeted, the PM even held a news conference from his official residence in Quebec.

54 Likes

Well he is named “Chip.”

12 Likes