Trump Refocuses On Pennsylvania To Shore Up Reelection | Talking Points Memo

23 Likes

“McConnell is the lynch pin, once he goes so many things will fall.”

Truer words were never spoken.

15 Likes

No, no, and no. This method will just increase the fervor of the war. We don’t need to get down in the filth and muck that the Republicans, especially McConnell, like to wallow in. Let’s be better.

1 Like

Trump Refocuses On Pennsylvania To Shore Up Reelection

Good thing that Pennsylvania has only a small amount of coastline.

9 Likes

Doing those kinds of things require control of House, Senate, and white house simultaneously. They haven’t had that since 2010.

11 Likes

As I said McConnell is the lynch pin, but then who among the current Republicans could replace him? I think if McConnell is removed then the internal warfare among the Republican caucus would be epic. And I just know that there is some younger, hungrier/hangry Johnny-come-lately that is itching for Mitch’s throne.
May God bless the popcorn crop when this happens.

8 Likes

Today’s campaign event is at the airport outside Middletown, PA, about 80 miiles west of Philadephia.

2 Likes

“Hold my beer.”

10 Likes

Out here in eastern Oregon, there is active hostility towards Biden, but some significant support for him, too. People I know prefer not to advertise their vote out of fear of vandalism. They know what Trumpers are capable of, having seen them with automatic weapons at our small BLM protests this summer…

27 Likes

Good point…this could indicate that Biden’s support is greater than “advertised” because of the Ker-Razy Wingnutt Brigades tearing down signs.

And worse.

12 Likes

Extending ethics rules applicable for lower court judges to Supreme Court justices is an excellent start. To take an example, right wing extremist Clarence Thomas’s wife is a leading Trump cultist and lobbyist. A law of this sort will clip his wings, and fast.

10 Likes

Makes me wonder what the Weather Underground, SLA and whatever the latest incarnation of the Hall/Davis campaign is is doing with all the money they must’ve been getting from their secret sympathizers in the MSM, Silicon Valley and on Wall Street.

2 Likes

The rest of the country saw them at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Irrelevant aside: I went through Malheur a couple of years ago on my way to Eugene. Exited the park, turned on Mapquest for directions, and was told “proceed to the route.” No shit. Talk about out in the middle of nowhere. I think Wagontire is the nearest civilization.

3 Likes

Opening weed dispensaries with Boehner.

2 Likes

Good morning All,
My home is Chester County PA. As MattinPA has stated before as well, the dichotomy between Philly / city suburbs / Pittsburgh and the rest - “Pennsyltucky” is striking.

However, here are the 2018 General Election results for Chester County, showing the emerging, more dominant Democratic party.

PRECINCTS COUNTED (OF 228). . . . . 228 100.00
REGISTERED VOTERS - TOTAL . . . . . 357,307
BALLOTS CAST - TOTAL. . . . . . . 237,891
VOTER TURNOUT - TOTAL . . . . . . 66.58

STRAIGHT PARTY
      VOTE FOR NOT MORE THAN  1
       DEMOCRATIC (DEM) .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .    85,199   56.19
       REPUBLICAN (REP) .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .    65,880   43.45
       GREEN (GRN).  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .       189     .12
       LIBERTARIAN (LIB).  .  .  .  .  .  .  .       349     .23
14 Likes

I’m originally from Bradford County, the northern, only slightly more populous neighbor of Sullivan County. If you went up there and talked to every single person you could find lots of Trump supporters, but it wouldn’t take you very long to literally talk to every person.

The only way those counties would make any difference would be if they started letting the deer vote.

12 Likes

Biden voters, even ones that adore him, haven’t signed up for a cult like most Trump voters. They don’t need to show and prove their loyalty to him and engage in these bizarre, metaphorical circle jerks of allegiance. While that makes Trump and his supporters feel good, it doesn’t ultimately do anything for him. His most loyal, demonstrative supporter still only has one vote. For a lot of Biden supporters, it’s just not worth the trouble of potentially inviting a conversation or worse with a Trump supporter by showing your Biden support.

26 Likes

We are thankfully north of there, in Umatilla County. The remarkable thing about our town is that our police chief is a thoroughly decent fellow. Prior the latest BLM protest last month, BLM organizers met with the chief 4-5 times about arrangements and responsibilities. Everything was worked out in advance. The counterprotesters showed up with their weapons and menaced the BLM people, after which the chief and his officers got between the two sides and tried to mediate conversations between them. One counterprotester complained to the chief that he was just there with his AR-15 to “protect and defend” the police. The chief responded that guys bringing weapons to peaceful protests and shouting obscenities “is not defending me and is making my job a hell of a lot tougher.” Chief then wrote a letter to the paper praising the BLM protesters for keeping things orderly and peaceful. So that was a real high point in a summer of sullenness and violence in the country, and right here in Red Eastern Orygun!

23 Likes

My only solace is that Biden is polling at an average of 48.5 or better in the traditional blue wall stateS and Clinton was polling in the mid 40s. According to the polling soothsayers, the number of undecideds is considerably smaller than in 2016 and that 50% mark is extremely good for Biden.
Of course, to paraphrase the former wicked witch of Fox, “ isn’t this something Democrat’s just tell themselves to feel better?”

3 Likes

Trump has his own armed troops, calling themselves with his help “militias”
Trashing the real military was another loyalty test, an info harvest for planning his response. If he can frame early election results as “winning” he’ll go forward at full meth fueled speed

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available