Trump Refocuses On Pennsylvania To Shore Up Reelection | Talking Points Memo

He’s already accusing Chris Wallace of a radical left bias. Such a pathetic, insecure POS.

19 Likes

What say ye mattinpa?

2 Likes

When you’re explaining, you’re losing.

(Hope that explanation makes sense :crazy_face:)

12 Likes

I’m embarrassed by this story, but this what Trump has done. He’s given racists and conspiracy nuts the green light to come out from under their rocks.:

This crap happened in Southern Minnesota near the Iowa border. The area is strongly Republican and has been for quite a while.

17 Likes

In the meantime, enjoy this one. It might be their masterpiece.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1309620608561414144

18 Likes

My brother and sister-in-law live in Philadelphia. They recently spent a long weekend hiking and relaxing in very rural Sullivan County. My sister-in-law was taken aback by all the Trump signs. I reminded her that Sullivan County has a total population of about 6,000 people.

23 Likes

A little more sunlight

22 Likes

He’s not even capable of that anymore.

21 Likes

Pick whichever swing state you’re behind in, Donnie. You have so many from which to choose, but it won’t matter because you’re going to lose in all of them.

15 Likes

We have learned a lot about a third of Americans over the last 5 years — none of it good. That’s why Democrats cannot be timid going forward. Eliminate the legislative filibuster. Expand the Supreme Court by a minimum of 4 justices. Admit DC and Puerto Rico as states. Pass ironclad legal protections to help prevent a future wannabe dictator from trampling over the law and The Constitution.

16 Likes

I’ve seen the same thing in rural TX, AR and MO. The ostentatious displays (think Boat Parade on land) make me hopeful that the concept of a shy Trump voter is a myth. If they exist it’s probably in blue states where their votes won’t matter.

9 Likes

Why is the Marmalade Mussolini in PA? When he should be worrying about OH?

Seems like maybe some people don’t like being told their votes won’t count.

12 Likes

I think you are exactly right. I don’t want get cocky, but here’s what fivethirtyeight has to say about PA: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/pennsylvania/

Steady at c. 4.6 or 4.7 for the month of September.

10 Likes

Languid yet vicious. An unusual combination.

4 Likes

In Chester County, for instance, Trump was the first Republican presidential nominee in more than 50 years to lose what is Pennsylvania’s fourth most-populous county and once a GOP stronghold.

I’m glad to see @mattinpa finally getting the recognition he deserves.

11 Likes

I read this in WaPo this AM, and I laughed at the comments that "well Obama appointed “acting” heads. Well of course Obama appointed "acting’ heads because McConnell refused to hold hearings confirmation.

I beginning to think, no strike that there’s no beginning, it’s McConnell that is keeping this buffoon person in the WH. McConnell is the lynch pin, once he goes so many things will fall.

19 Likes

Considering all the accusations that have been made about Biden’s mental state, Biden is the one I suspect will get graded on a curve. Probably not by the media, but certainly by voters who may still wonder if there’s any truth to Trump’s idiotic accusations.

Trump could unravel his hair, play with belly button, and speak gibberish the entire time and his voters would say it was brilliant. Who cares what they think? They aren’t the voters Joe or anyone else is trying to sway. Even Trump’s campaign acknowledges he needs new voters.

18 Likes

On one hand I agree, but then the realist in me remembers that nothing ever stays the same. So when you say “recover” I’m hoping you mean “Gentlemen, we can rebuild this nation. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world’s first Green New Deal nation. Joe Biden will be that man. Better than we were before. Better, stronger, faster.”

9 Likes

I love Lucien Truscott’s columns in Salon on Saturdays. He is viciously angry today (most days). He makes this excellent suggestion:

“The Constitution won’t allow the Congress to cut the pay of judges, but a Democratic House and Senate and a Democrat in the White House can reduce the pay of everyone else on the federal payroll in a courthouse. Most federal district court judges have one or two clerks. How about this: How about zero money for zero clerks? Let Trump’s 300 judges do some work for a change. Same thing for the Supreme Court. Each justice currently has four clerks. How does providing pay for one clerk sound? And how about that Supreme Court gym? Close it. Write some rules constraining the justices’ ability to accept gifts like invitations to private golf clubs and lunches at country clubs, invitations to give speeches or to accept rides on private jets.”

These are quiet gestures that would be pretty devastating. Exactly what the GOP has been doing for forever. I don’t like criticizing the Democrats, but some action instead of words would be nice.

12 Likes

If you drive through the fracking areas of PA check the license plates.
Oklahoma, Tex-ass maybe Utah are all over the place and are taking PA jobs.
You don’t hear Trump or the Repubs mentioning that and maybe voting illegally.
Just saying.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available