Trump Mocks ‘Failed Presidential Candidate’ Romney After His Vote To Convict

Well as a guy that grew up a European Liberal I can’t say I feel bad for Romney or about the American GOP eating itself. Let em have at it.

Last Friday I was at a wine tasting thing with a bunch of phony baloney “upscale” GOP’ers . I’ll talk to them as long as they keep the FOX / B’Bart bullshit out of the conversation and they know that. One said something that stuck in my mind. He said he was concerned that Trump was causing the word Conservative to lose it’s association with patriotism, strength and piety. I told him about half the country never made those associations with the word but he’s probably right about the other half. It looks like after 50 years of successfully demonizing the word Liberal they’ve shot themselves in the foot by believing the bullshit they spewed to do it.

18 Likes

Strap in You Ain’t seen nothing yet
Bit By bit the rule of law further eroded
This is goddamn scary
This is 1933 Germany

8 Likes

I’d say that’s a reasonable concern.

10 Likes

Close enough for today ?

11 Likes

Not sure “Just in” is quite right…

3 Likes

Donald, you’re a failure.

• You’ve been impeached
  • A black man publicly mocked you
  • A woman got 3 million more votes
  • Another woman ripped up your speech
  • You send your kids to defend you - kids!

Your father is ashamed, ashamed.

8 Likes

I saw that on her show. She sort of slipped it in…she was more interested in Mitt. And I thought that the way she rolled Mitt out was tactical.

To me, this kind of thing is “scary” only on several conditions, most of which involve what we do.

For example: Why is there only a 50% favorability of Trump’s removal? It should be in the 60s at least. That is us…and I know all the explanations for why it is so low.

But a population can’t be scary-scared and at 50% removal at the same time.

1 Like

“Read the Transcripts!”

#thanksComey

2 Likes

There were only four senators present in the chamber listening to that speech, Chris Murphy D-CT. Just one R.

4 Likes

I’ll give him was “Honorable” and I appreciate it.

Not especially courageous though, at least from an electoral perspective.

RMoney is like a Prince in Utah and his Church. He’s like a Kennedy in Massachusetts. And he’s not up for reelection for a while…

Doug Jones’ vote took Brass…

10 Likes

Most certainly. But, break with Trump one single time and you are dead to him. ETTD. Sad!

3 Likes

He’s been given the cold shoulder by the trump cabal so he needs to prostrate himself every way he can to get back in their graces.

2 Likes

Agent Orange would never use the word “faltering” as he has no idea what it means.

2 Likes

2012: Romney, 47.2 percent of popular vote
2016: Trump, 46.1 percent of popular vote

14 Likes

He’s absolutely right. Republican conservatives are abandoning all their positions. Values most of all.

Lethal.

I got a mailer from President Obama the other day. In the letter, he wrote specifically about values. Values are the battleground.

States aren’t battlegrounds. Ideas are.

3 Likes

Impeached and still no pivot.

5 Likes

My dog is more mature than he is.

3 Likes

See my response just above yours. ETTD.

The Dems must understand that the only thing that will overcome Trump is to out-Trump him. Attack, attack, attack. But in a mature, responsible way. Hold more House hearings, bring in Bolton (even if it helps him sell books), subpoena others.

The other thing is to attack Trump’s and the Republicans’ concerted effort to take away healthcare from millions and replace it with… nothing. Run the damn ads.

And, finally, assail Trump’s true character, and show the short clip of him mocking, absolutely mocking a disabled person, below. Most of Trump’s most ardent supporters look away when this comes up. It eats the psyche to be reminded about this, and it’s the psyche that counts here, not reason:

6 Likes

Which he compared to the Spartans at the Thermopylae Pass!!

1 Like