Trump Mocks ‘Failed Presidential Candidate’ Romney After His Vote To Convict

“I’m sure to hear abuse from the President and his supporters,” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) predicted as he was announcing his momentous vote to convict and remove President Donald Trump in the impeachment trial on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1289574
1 Like

Yesterday, Mitt Romney demonstrated more integrity than three generations of Trump’s, and the rest of the GOP Senate, have ever exhibited collectively.

And you’re still IMPEACHED.

46 Likes

“This Tweet brought to you by Kellyanne Conway.”

14 Likes

This so gets under his skin
He knows it
Every Senator who voted to acquit knows it that in their heart Mitt is right
They just lacked the moral courage to do what is right
History will brand them as what they are
Cowards

37 Likes

All is not lost. I’m sure we can count on the House to approach comprehensive, meticulous investigations of Trump with renewed vigor, after his reelection.

4 Likes

Look, hundreds of thousands of soldiers and civilians have fought and died in numerous wars, all to protect the right and ability of members of Congress to avoid being primaried. Your comment disrespects them, and disparages their sacrifices.

17 Likes

Whatever his reason, I’m just glad he did it and am proud of him.
Shortest book ever written, Republican Profiles in Courage, 1 page.
It looks like Diogenes found his man.

16 Likes

You know, Donald, even your supporters wonder why you have to spend quite so much time making snippy little remarks about people. You don’t get that a lot from the alpha types, actually. More from nasty, bitter losers. Who were never accepted by the Manhattan elites because they’re stingy loudmouth fakes. Those types.

39 Likes

Sir I concede to your Trumpian Logic
I suspect the talking point will appear on Faux and Friends shortly

7 Likes

Heads on a pike. What say you, Murkowski and Concerned Susie?

15 Likes

Heads on a pike indeed
How dare someone diss the Great Leader. I bet they wish they had a rocket launcher to fire at Mitt

5 Likes

I look forward to the Concern Crew bemoaning Trump’s persecutions and prosecutions of perceived enemies once he gets seriously revved up on the project. Barr, Rand and Lindsey must feel every morning is like Christmas right about now, with new presents just waiting to be opened.

2 Likes

The “man” acts worse that a 15yo boy. When will this crap end?

5 Likes

It’s so easy to get under his onion skin. By now your know his tweets–sometimes nearly word for word–before you read them.

5 Likes

Well now that Trump is officially a resident of Florida he’ll take the “Florida Man” crown unanimously. He’ll show those New Yorkers a thing or two.

11 Likes

I took an oath before God. My religion is everything to me.
(Senator Mitt Romney)

This Just In
Republican Party Pisses on Bible

8 Likes

Yeah, the report of threats of heads on pikes by Chairman Schiff was just a defamatory lie he made up. Looking at you, Lisa Murkowski.

11 Likes

I look forward to his robbery of an Everglades sex toy store, wielding a pick ax and a bullwhip, getaway golf cart parked outside, guarded by an alligator and a circus dwarf.

7 Likes

Not so fast. Matt Gaetz has something to say about that:

8 Likes

Totally surprised Romney did this. In the face of Trump, and the GOP’s history of ‘eating their own’ it takes brass balls.

6 Likes