Trump Coughs Up $2 Million To Settle Charges Over His Scammy Foundation | Talking Points Memo

My Congressman is Gerry Connolly and he’s in absolutely no danger of losing this district.

3 Likes

Oh, I sincerely hope so. For once, I want to hear all the dirty details.

6 Likes

From the article - Trump was also forced to admit to misusing charitable funds as part of the settlement.

“Forced”? Did I miss him saying that publicly on camera???

9 Likes

Mine too, I’m just trying to get people to take action that might actually do something to help this situation.

2 Likes

My vote is Russia.

However, Ukrainian oligarch or Saudi Royal would also be pretty good guesses.

4 Likes

Or as crooked as Moscow Don the Con…

Please: no bothsideism.

3 Likes

He vows a lot of things. He is all vow, no wow.

2 Likes

He settles because he has no choice. He committed the act of fraud. Like everything he does.

Remind me again why ANYONE supports him?

6 Likes

Trump: I just made a total of two million dollars in charitable contributions. I don’t think any other president even comes close.

6 Likes

Trump obeyed a court order?

6 Likes

Typical silliness.

(They won’t win elections by voting down the obstruction article. This kind of appeasement tactic never works. To get any mileage out of opposing the Democratic Party, they need to go Full Manchin.)

BTW, the obstruction article is stronger than the Abuse of Power article. Not that either is remotely weak. But if you won’t impeach a President for refusing to cooperate with a Congressional investigation of actual crimes, you shouldn’t be in Congress.

11 Likes

$50 says he skirted the precise mandate of the court’s order.

I’m fairly certain it is coming from the inauguration fund or campaign donations. No way is it coming out of his own pocket.

8 Likes

Of course that was a crap accusation. Pelosi wasn’t saying she didn’t know the content of the legislation, she was saying that she didn’t know what, exactly, the result would be when it was implemented. So…“you have to pass it to see what’s in it.” Just like you have to give the QB the ball to see what’s in him.

4 Likes

Narrator: “Incredibly, Trump was lying.”

2 Likes

Wondering if Trump uses grift gleaned from having USAF pilots stay at his 5-Star Turnberry Hotel in Scotland?

2 Likes

Also he settles because he wants no discovery to take place. That would show that he is a con artist, grifter, liar, scam artist.

6 Likes

Speaking of law suits, Lisa Page now joins Strzok and McCabe in filing lawsuits agains DoJ.

17 Likes

Twenty feet of beautiful border wall won’t get built now…

Sad!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available