Trump Coughs Up $2 Million To Settle Charges Over His Scammy Foundation | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump complied with a court order on Tuesday and paid $2 million to settle charges that the Trump Foundation misused charitable funds.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267590

If Obamaā€¦
Tell me about it Republicans
This is a con artist grifter of the lowest sort
Anyone else would be in jail

36 Likes

Trump vowed that he would never settle the case, brought by current Attorney General Barbara Underwood. The president took to Twitter on Thursday to blame the action on ā€œdisciplesā€ of former Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who resigned in May after four women in a magazine article accused him of physical abuse.

ā€œThe sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000. I wonā€™t settle this case!ā€ Trump wrote on Twitter.

30 Likes

Making America Great Again, one lawsuit settlement at a time.

23 Likes

How was this settlement paid? Where did the money come from? Is he using tax payer dollars to pay it or money from the deplorable rubes who donate to him or what? Who did he scam for the money to pay the settlement?

29 Likes

This world needs more Letitia Jameses.

27 Likes

If this was a settlement in a civil case, canā€™t Trump be a target in a criminal case?

Iā€™m just spitballing here (as usual).

9 Likes

OT: The post is reporting that skittish centrist Democrats ( their words) are considering voting down the obstruction article. FFS.

7 Likes

Who are they? Get on the phones and call them.

8 Likes

Came here to ask the same questions. Did someone check the checks, money transfers, or bills?
Did Trump take it out of the HUD account for aid to Puerto Rico?
Did a donor pay him so he could pay?
Is he going to bill the RNC for ā€œlegal feesā€?
How about the Inaugural Fund?

So many way to cheat that we have learned in the last 3 years.

12 Likes

The payment is a confession, but you will never a confession from Donnieā€™s pie hole, only his pocketbook.

16 Likes

Did the checks actually clear yet?

8 Likes

This comes as a complete surprise.

2 Likes

Did he cough it up or has that come from the contributors? I know I read something recently about where he took money from the campaign to settle a bill.

@valgalky23

4 Likes

So sayeth the god of those who lash out ā€“ and then pay huge, but not huge enough fines. Too bad he didnā€™t get jail time.

9 Likes

Pay up, dickwad. No doubt there will be many more cases coming your way after this one.

Heā€™s all talk. As his biographer always said, in the end he always settles. Thatā€™s because he canā€™t defend against the level of fraud he perpetrates on so many unwitting fools that want to believe in his bullshit.

13 Likes

There is a need for the press to create dissention in the Dem ranks. Dems is disarray sounds way too familiar. And Nancy has the votes or should would not have brought the forward.

13 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder if Fox News even mentions this.
Hell, I wonder if NBC mentions this.

Yeah, this would ruin Obama or any Democrat

10 Likes

A group of 10 moderate Democrats from Trump-carried districts discussed their desire to vote to censure rather than impeach Trump during a Monday night huddle,

Wellā€¦who are the 10?

The idea of a censure has been raised multiple times before, including over the Thanksgiving recess by Rep. Brenda Lawrence (D-Mich.).

Hereā€™s one ^ - Get on the phones people in her district.

Why doesnā€™t this article list the 10? Iā€™m sure we could figure it out, but it would save time in taking action to call these reps and give them some support.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available