Trump Coughs Up $2 Million To Settle Charges Over His Scammy Foundation | Talking Points Memo

Pelosi may not have the slam dunk many portray.

Point taken, but it doesnā€™t answer the question or give guidance as to who needs to be called and supported in the decision that needs to be made.

5 Likes

Uh-huh. I trust Speaker Pelosi to know the whip count. This isnā€™t some Boehner/Ryan-amateur-hour-bring-up-bills-you-canā€™t-pass operation.

22 Likes

Politico names names:

The group of about 10 Trump-district lawmakers included Reps. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.), Anthony Brindisi (D-N.Y.), and Ben McAdams (D-Utah.).

4 Likes

Iā€™d guess thereā€™s a big slush fund left over from the inaugural. That whole deal was as crooked as a dogā€™s hind leg.

18 Likes

Remember this is the guy whio is really really really really concerned about corruption. They told him, sir, youā€™d better settle that NY State lawsuit, even if itā€™s a phony witch hunt.

18 Likes

Thank you for finding that.

My congressman is on board so I have no one to call and congress critters want to hear from people actually in their districts or it wonā€™t matter to them.

Get the list out and get on the phones, these congress critters need to hear from people in their districts that people in those districts have their backs on this.

5 Likes

Hell, the seat in my district is still vacant and will be until the Spring. I got no one to call.

1 Like

Up to a dozen are fussing, including Kurt Schrader, Josh Gottheimer, Ben McAdams, and Anthony Brindisi ā€“ plus Jeff Van Drew and Collin Peterson, of course.

Many if not all are from districts Trump won.

3 Likes

Look in the phone book under Dick, Limp
Right there

5 Likes

Slightly O/T, but did everyone notice yesterday that the same Rs who wouldnā€™t let anyone read the tax (scam) bill before rushed it through before they took a vote were complaining that they werenā€™t given an opportunity to read the committee report from the Intelligence Committee?

23 Likes

My point is finding a solution. Iā€™d be happy to take a little time and drop a call to all these Reps. But it doesnā€™t matter coming from me as I am not their constituent.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no way he used his own money. He grifted it from someone else, or someone gave him the money in exchange for a favor.

14 Likes

The GOP argues that itā€™s no different than how Nancy managed the ACA. No time to read it so they didnā€™t know what was in it. This is a standard shenanigan on both sides of the aisle and it needs to stop once and for all, no matter whoā€™s in charge.

1 Like

Just spitballing here: maybe Nancy is allowing a small number of endangered reps to oppose an article just to save face with their constituents.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s what I think too. She may be giving permission for some dissension in order to cover for them in the election.

6 Likes

He always settles, thatā€™s why I think he will resign, with an immunity deal

5 Likes

Look, it matters not what Nancyā€™s 3 dimensional chess may beā€¦
If your congress person is someone on this list or fits that descriptionā€¦
CALL THEM!

8 Likes

He always settles if he knows in his narcissism heā€™s going to lose.

He wonā€™t settle unless and until he sees a sincere threat of damage.

Like this Ivanka/Steele thing. That could really be damage.

8 Likes

ā€œHereā€™s the dough, Donnieā€¦ I need you to do me a favor, thoughā€¦ā€

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available