Trump Claims He Has Every Right To Prosecute His Enemies

Ouch, and messy.

6 Likes

You know what this means. Cheap supplements.

11 Likes

How much did the hand recount cost?

12 Likes

The Tories believe that Churchill was speaking about the rentier class.

22 Likes

Kyphosis maybe?

4 Likes

Trump had the odious “Sheriff” Arpaio on stage with him. His record showed him being a gross incompetent. The macho posturing of his never led to effective law enforcement.
Be it unaccounted funds, sitting on hundreds of rape kits, pink underwear stunts, birther loon investigations or needle in the stack racial profiling in the guise of policing.
He cost Maricopa county $70 million to settle numerous lawsuits and the now disbanded tent city cost numerous lives. He should have been in a retirement home to sit, grumble and drool in front of the television while barking at his Latina home health care worker.

37 Likes

his grave should be designated as a toxic waste site.

18 Likes

Sure, I am not a spine surgeon.

4 Likes

If I had my laptop ( it is being fixed) I could share an image of Larry the Cat posing behind his small lecturn in front of the door to 10 Downing St. I also have a short video of Larry standing down a fox on Downing St making that fox back the hell off. Larry has proper British courage in defense of hearth and home.

26 Likes

At least we are getting something done!

And
Fake electors: Mark Meadows, Mike Roman to enter pleas in court (usatoday.com)
Two top aides to Donald Trump were scheduled to be arraigned in a Maricopa County court Friday morning to answer charges stemming from a plan to keep him in the White House by falsely certifying he won the state in 2020.

Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff, and Michael “Mike” Roman, a member of Trump’s campaign team, were expected to appear in court virtually and enter pleas to nine felony counts, including conspiracy, forgery and fraud.

43 Likes

‘Isolated and Inexperienced

This is an excellent deep dive into Aileen Cannon’s courtroom. Good work Tierney Sneed.

It struck me a few days ago when Cannon not only accepted amicus briefs (unusual in trial courts, and judges don’t have to accept them) but invited amici to appear at a hearing (whattt?). Cannon really wants to be an appeals court judge without paying her dues as a trial court judge, a completely different set of skills (which she does not have). Meticulous attention to detail doesn’t have to be a fault, but ignoring the main issue (most irritating to me the basic premise that the courts do not allow witnesses, jurors and court personnel to be identified, intimidated or endangered) is malpractice.

Her behaviour to date can be explained by a number of things: extreme inexperience, isolation, incompetence, lack of resources (clerks), Fed Soc puppetry, bias towards Trump. Personally, I keep coming back to inexperience as a trial court judge. Look at the decisiveness of Kaplan, Engoron, Merchan, Chutkan, McAfee, all on the fly. Cannon can’t make a decision to save her soul, never mind on the spot. Imagine her handling jury selection. Objections. She can’t do it. So she delays, avoiding anything that might be appealable. Team Trump sees that and piles ridiculous motion on top of ridiculous motion and the mud gets deeper.

55 Likes

I believe they sent the bill to Mexico, so it’s all good.

11 Likes

Nigel Farage must be weeping with gratitude for this guy’s incompetence (and his obvious entitlement).

16 Likes

Betting markets are reporting big money being placed on the lettuce this morning.

19 Likes

It’s a little more than that. The next article would be:

GOP accuses Biden of wanting to unconstitutionally gouge out the eyes of his enemies.

And those two items would not be compared and contrasted.

14 Likes

On Molly Jong-Fast’s podcast this morning she had on Ian Dunt, a brilliant and hilarious commentator on all things political in England. He said the election prospects are so grim right now for the Tories that they might cease to exist. In a country with 650 positions to be filled, the Tories are looking at getting less than 100 for the first time in memory - anything less than 200 is considered a sweeping landslide - less than 100 (he said people were projecting as low as 65) is almost suicidal.

If I have relayed this incorrectly let the Anglophiles correct me - my ignorance of the mechanics of UK politics is boundless.

23 Likes

20240606_Addictions

26 Likes

Trump is the worst of us.

And on that note, please take a break from Trump and the shit he will undoubtedly spew over the the weekend. Refresh, recharged, and see you next week!

25 Likes

The Tories opposed bombing industrial facilities, but were silent about “Worker Unhousing.”

14 Likes

They just can’t help themselves getting in a dig. Their political desk is a self parody of a bad, yet nasty, theater critic.

61 Likes