Top House Republicans Line Up Behind Liz Cheney’s Primary Challenger | Talking Points Memo

If you “otherize” and dehumanize the opposition, it makes it easy to “justify” all kinds of atrocities, since the opposition isn’t “human, like us” and therefore, we don’t have to empathize, or even sympathize with them.

And projection becomes easy too. “We have to kill all of them before they the get the chance to kill all of us. (Which they totally will do if we ever release the jack-boot from their neck.)”

11 Likes

So, 1/6 no one cares about…BUT, if you kneel during the anthem, SACRELIGIOUS!!

They have to know how full of shit they are…right? (rhetorical)

9 Likes

Yes they do. Every bill they write has ALEC written all over it.

7 Likes

reminds me of my late BIL Re: Benghazi

Red faced screaming “how do you know? WERE YOU THERE WERE YOU THERE ?!??!??”

6 Likes

Though that ends up with all kinds of implementational headaches when they just take a bill verbatim from ALEC and it doesn’t actually work with the local state law, putting the law in conflict with itself after they rush it through the legislature without doing any markup or due diligence.

8 Likes

Maybe.This will be a fascinating popcorn event in any case.

4 Likes

Not enough Dems in Wyoming to make that a viable path to reelection.

Splitting the GOP vote in Wyoming only gets you to 35R/35R/27D/3. It would not really give a Dem a chance to win the seat, especially since a good bunch of them would figure they’re better off voting for Cheney as a spoiler against the MAGA candidate.

8 Likes

You missed my post about Republicans and their spite. There’s a good chance enough voters on either losing side in the Republican primary will decide to spite the winner and vote D instead, or just not vote at all. Just to spite. If T rumpp can make enough of the Wyoming Republican Party hate the other side, there’s a chance that could happen.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of intentional and unintentional humor in this story. Liz Cheney as a far left radical Democrat???
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Unless we include the dead ones and Hugo Chavez.

9 Likes

Nope.

I gotta boogie, but, a) a lot of chaos led to Doug Jones’ win, b) Roy Moore being a pack rat led to Doug Jones win and c) Jones’ resume contributed to his win and led to a feud with Alabama SOS Merrill.

10 Likes

(ahem) I think we’re witnessing chaos in the Wyoming Republican primary right now.

6 Likes

It’s conceivable that some miffed primary supporters would stay home in November. There is zero chance any meaningful percentage of them would vote for the Dem.

7 Likes

Back when Jay Nixon-D, was governor the Republican controlled legislature passed a ALEC written law. It Jay vetoed it, and explained that biggest reason he vetoed it was because this newly passed legislation would now start taxed medications, something we didn’t do previously. It was a beautiful thing to see see the egg on all the Republican’s faces after this.

14 Likes

Not enough

Chaos is normal in politics, but Harriet has to be, a) a klansman and b) a chinese intelligence agent for her to lose.

If she’s close to Parnell level drama, please wake me.

2 Likes

Then we just need T rumpp to step up his game.

1/2 /s

Please no! Leave the underwear on, people!

4 Likes

As I said in another thread a day or two ago, I am no longer confident that the Trumpublicans and I are speaking the same language. It sounds a lot like English, but none of the words they’re using seem to mean what I think they do.

10 Likes

There is the suggestion going around that Wyoming Dems sit out this race, so to clear the way for a Cheney third-party run.

2 Likes

Have we absolutely, one-hundred-percent, categorically ruled out those two possibilities?

(Asking for a Cheney.)

7 Likes