Top House Republicans Line Up Behind Liz Cheney’s Primary Challenger | Talking Points Memo

Top House Republicans have now thrown their weight behind the primary challenger of Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), who was herself removed from GOP leadership and censured by the party after calling out Donald Trump’s lies about the 2020 election. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1405625

“I wasn’t there on Jan. 6,” Hageman told the Times. “I can’t tell you everything Pence did or didn’t do. What you need to understand is that, for most people out in the real world, none of us really care that much about what happened on Jan. 6.”

Well, somebody does, or else GOPers wouldn’t be so adamant about moving on from 1/6.

40 Likes

TFG is fat enough for virtually all of the GQP to hide behind…

9 Likes

“Wow, she must be really desperate”

:joy:

12 Likes

In a New York Times profile this month, the candidate said she couldn’t say who the valid winner of the last presidential election was — “I don’t know the answer,” Hageman said

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1494465229488631808?cxt=HHwWgMC9zamNtL0pAAAA

32 Likes

Kevin McCarthy, a true leader in Legitimate Political Discourse or just venal?

14 Likes

NYT: Heres how Republicans eating their own is bad for Bidens attack into Ukraine. Also, Dems in disarray!

24 Likes

It seems like Reagan and his “Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican” commandment is now persona non grata in the party…

14 Likes

Cheney, Stefanik said, had “abandoned her constituents to be a Far-Left Pelosi puppet.”

Lie.

“I wasn’t there on Jan. 6,” Hageman told the Times. “I can’t tell you everything Pence did or didn’t do. What you need to understand is that, for most people out in the real world, none of us really care that much about what happened on Jan. 6.”

Is it most or none?

14 Likes

Cheney, Stefanik said, had “abandoned her constituents to be a Far-Left Pelosi puppet.”

‘Hageman is our puppet’ stefanik continued, ‘she’s robotic and programmable and you can be sure she’ll never express an unapproved thought of her own. What more could you ask for, my fellow cult members?’

8 Likes

Who is the Democrat on the other side in this race?

I mean, if Doug Jones can win in Alabama…

5 Likes

November is a long way out, Kevin.

10 Likes

It’s our worst fear, realized. Robots programming robots! Stefanik was so not into Trump in 2016, until she so totally was. A quick firmware update and she realized she loved Big D.

4 Likes

I can’t tell you everything John Wilkes Booth did or didn’t do. What you need to understand is that, for most people out in the real world, none of us really care that much about what happened from April 1861 to May 1865.

41 Likes

Though there’s a sizable black community in Alabama (from whom Doug Jones has engendered a great deal of good will), while not so much in Wyoming. There are democrats in Wyoming, but I don’t think there’s a statewide community’s worth, enough to overcome the rest of the state blindly backing the R on the ticket.

2 Likes

OT. Trump’s lawyer is as good as we expected her to be… from the Kraken School of Law…

32 Likes

“She’s got spunk! We hate spunk.”

8 Likes

Came here to say just that.

7 Likes

“In this Ohio diner … “

5 Likes

And CNN …

Don’t forget AP!

4 Likes