Top House Republicans Line Up Behind Liz Cheney’s Primary Challenger | Talking Points Memo

Makes me wonder what Shooter Cheney is going to do to clear the field for his approved daughter. There is simply no way he lets this slide.

9 Likes

Hmmm my doctor asks me to count backward from 100 by 7.

4 Likes

"… for most people out in the real world, none of us really care that much about what happened on Jan. 6.”

But maybe they will after those bombshell hearings the Jan. 6th Committee might one day hold, right?

6 Likes

Wonder if she could do a Murkowski on them. If I was a resident of Wyoming, this would have been about the only circumstance I would vote for her or any Republican.

8 Likes

He used to exert influence on fishing and hunting trips.

The gig is up on that play…

How weird is it we are rooting for Liz and Darth?

13 Likes

Never thought you’d ever utter the sentiment “I’d vote for a Cheney if only I could” huh?

Strange days indeed

7 Likes
2 Likes

This is exactly the quote to emphasize, and summarizes the R’s core tactic (and dearest wish) in a single sentence. They aren’t even trying to hide the fact that they just want everyone to forget that 6 Jan 2001 was a right wing insurrection against the Constitution, rather than just being some sort of peaceful demonstration by good, patriotic “mericans.”

10 Likes

Just a few years ago who would have said, yeah the Cheneys are horrendous, but light years better than rank and file Republicans ?

13 Likes

Cheney, Stefanik said, had “abandoned her constituents to be a Far-Left Pelosi puppet.”

I’m just trying to imagine (with absolutely no success) Liz Cheney as a Far-Left Pelosi puppet.

27 Likes

We’ve interviewed a couple of gentlemen in a Waffle House who argued: “If the people who were occupying Fort Sumter that fateful evening had simply complied with the initial requests to go home, the whole ugly thing would have unfolded much more reasonably.” They blamed Lincoln, Antifa, and Black Lives Matter. Further, they said they believed that it was the teaching of Critical Race Theory to grade schoolers that was trying to “change the narrative”, and blame the ordinary citizens of South Carolina for the incident, and the “difficulties” that followed.

20 Likes

I’ll remember this when I carjack my neighbor’s 1998 Taurus.

21 Likes

So American officials and police being assaulted and murdered within a government building during a political riot is no big deal. That is very interesting.

How do you feel about Bhengazi?

16 Likes

Precisely why i asked about the Dem on the other side of this race. Repubs are split, AKA in disarray between two perceived evils on their side. It could be that enough on either side just can’t bring themselves to vote for either Cheney or Hageman, and decide to spite them both by voting for the Democrat. Think i’m kidding? I remind you that Republicans will do anything to spite their enemies. If Cheney wins the primary, watch a ton of Republicans NOT vote for her in the general. And vise versa if Hageman wins the primary.

4 Likes

Stefanik knows the the base has been carefully curated to accept without question or thought what Fox and RWwrs tell them.

I think the likes of Stefanik get off on saying such blatant opposite bizarro world shit and watch the base have to process this and then regurgitate it.

Cruelty (even to their own base) is the point

9 Likes

“Harriet Hageman, a Trump-backed candidate who’s refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of the 2020 election.”

Not even the USSR – at its height of power and absurdity – could command such fanatic, craven apparatchiks; denying the evidence of their own eyes and ears, as the façade crumbled around them; rewriting science, history, and logic to bend to the will of Dear Leader; suicidally marching into the abyss, for the greater glory of The Party…

Even in his wildest dreams, Stalin could never have anticipated today’s GOP as his rightful heir.

37 Likes

It’s like when Darth Vader turns to the good side and heaves the Emperor into the flux capacitor well (or whatever that was).

11 Likes

True, but skid marks void the clause in that law…

11 Likes

Heck yeah, I learned that years ago watching Wagon Train.

8 Likes

Privatization baby!

Private sector always comes through.

Stalin didn’t have John Robert’s and citizens united to help… amateur

14 Likes