The Rule Of Law Is The Only Thing That Matters In 2024

The “rule of law” and “due process” are necesssry but in the case of trump are…

TAKING TOO FUCKING LONG!!!

16 Likes

But June Cleaver was de-sexed. Sexy women and family life did not mix in the '50s. Not until '74 do we see, say, Carly Simon in a family way, and even here she is, if not exactly chaste, nonetheless maximally covered up.

And then that marriage ended in divorce. So much to process for America’s troubled wetdreamers.

ETA just to end this miserable post on an up-beat:

6 Likes

Way back in the 70s, 80s Mrs dont reported at a newspaper that ran a syndicated column by a Dr Crane, father of congress-critter Phil Crane (remember him?). Dr Crane liked to refer to boudoir cheesecake that wives should greet hubby with when he came home from work.

7 Likes

If it’s on Fox… it isn’t news.

7 Likes

When I tune in to TPM in the morning the last thing I want to see Is that horses’ backside waving hello. And the morning memo is supposed to be news not therapy.

4 Likes

That is why I always advocated getting rid of men, just keep a handful for genetic diversity purposes, or none at all.

Someone already imagined it.

https://www.amazon.com/Seveneves-Novel-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0062190377/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

4 Likes

That’s a thought that sneaks up behind you, and: Bam!

6 Likes

The thing is, I’m not out to shame anyone for their looks, and anyone’s first response if I did would be, “Um, have you looked in the mirror?” It’s just weird to me that some right wing assholes would come up with the tradwives thing, and even weirder that anyone would actually fall for it.

10 Likes

Interesting was the Trump administration selling pardons? Jared Kushner was handling pardons.

Was the Trump White House selling pardons? (msn.com)

18 Likes

No one has asked or answered the question: Why?

6 Likes

Tons of money being spent and soooo many people don’t get news from reliable sourcess. Good time for TPM and others to run social media ads to reach all age groups, if they aren’t already.

2 Likes

And they will get away with it.

1 Like

Biden succeeds again

Mediators Expect Truce to Be Extended by One Day as Negotiations Continue (wsj.com)
Egyptian and Qatari officials mediating between Israel and Hamas expect the cease-fire deal, which ends Monday, to be extended by at least another day as they continue to negotiate for a longer pause in fighting in exchange for the release of more hostages, people familiar with the negotiations said. Hamas wants the cease-fire to be extended by four days, but Israel prefers a day-by-day extension, the people said.

The main challenge is that Hamas has to come up with a list of 10 more hostages it can release per day for the deal to be extended, the people said. Hamas says it can’t immediately say who it can release, and claims that the remaining eligible hostages are held by Palestinian Islamic Jihad, another militant faction, and other Palestinian groups in Gaza, the people said.

21 Likes

There is a high number of whites men ans surprisingly white women, that don’t have a problem with that because they assume that they are the ones that get to rule, just like in the old days.

5 Likes

As The World Reverses Course - The Sequel

The legislation, introduced under the previous Jacinda Ardern-led government, would have banned cigarette sales next year to anyone born after The legislation, introduced under the previous Jacinda Ardern-led government, would have banned cigarette sales next year to anyone born after 2008.

Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths in New Zealand, and the policy had aimed to stop young generations from picking up the habit.

Health experts have strongly criticised the sudden reversal.

“We are appalled and disgusted… this is an incredibly retrograde step on world-leading, absolutely excellent health measures,” said Prof Richard Edwards, a tobacco control researcher and public health expert at the University of Otago.

11 Likes

A horse walks into a bar… bartender looks at both ends, says “Gentlemen, it’s an honor!”

7 Likes

Yes, the good old days, when mom didn’t have to work and the government left her alone to have as many babies as her husband wanted, and to cook for all ten of God’s blessings on her gas stove.
Great memories. Ladies?

10 Likes

Hedging their bets?

2 Likes

I second @tao 's comment. And suspect that the organizers will have few folks on the ground more effective than you. Chapeu!

4 Likes

He’s shared lots and lots of ugly, horrible things he says others have done.

4 Likes