The Right Wing Media Wurlitzer Blew A Fuse Over The First Jan. 6 Hearing | Talking Points Memo

The Fairness Doctrine in its original form wouldn’t apply to most broadcasts. The original doctrine only applied to network television.

I doubt highly we’d be able to get any kind of modern Fairness Doctrine through the courts or the legislature.

9 Likes

Aside from genocidal madmen such as Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein and Muammar Qadhafi, has a more odious, reprehensible, dangerous person graced the national stage in the last forty years than Donald Trump?

23 Likes

Desperate people do (and say) desperate things.

3 Likes

There is his lover in NKorea!

3 Likes

Well, Erdogan belongs in there too. FatAss’s North Korean BFF Kim as well. (@jtx beat me to it).

And it’s no surprise at all that he’s buddies with both.

10 Likes

What good would it do to subpoena Jordan or any of these others so they can get up there and lie?
How many minds would this change? What authority does this committee have to bring the hammer down on these creeps?
Who would want to watch Jordan anyway? I’m so relieved he got booted from this committee.

7 Likes

And fish flop around before they die.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see how the GOP responds to TFG’s pushback on the CDC recommendations. It struck me that it seemed to be focused on masks rather than on vaccines. I think they’ll push back on the science of masks–our younger idiot Senator, James Lankford (lickspittle, OK) Tweeted something designed to question the science while allowing him room to claim that he was just asking about it if he gets challenged. Of course, earlier this week he wanted to ban Ben and Jerry’s from the state, so who knows what’s next.

8 Likes

Just reading various news articles, I wondered: how does one become a ‘Tucker Carlson’? How do you become that dishonest, sociopathic and cruel? The fact that he is now the most popular personality on Fox News is really chilling.

14 Likes

Another interest point (i.e., challenging issue) that we as a Nation need to think about and not overreact to based on emotion or immediate expediency.

This involves the first amendment and its protection of speech:

As much as I’d like to shut some people’s voice down owing to dangerous comments regarding the pandemic and political lies about reality, we need to keep in mind the global issue and perhaps rebut odorous and even lethal comments by other means. It’s complicated, and above my pay grade, but I’m willing to listen to and think about the arguments of experts. And this will be an issue that we will all need to address at some point in time in the future. The link is an interesting article and will make you think a bit.

6 Likes

And chickens still run around minus their heads…

6 Likes

From Howard Zinn’s pen……to your post.

1 Like

I agree with whoever it was that said that the hearings should have been held in prime time so the networks would have carried it live and the Fox addled assholes would have been forced to watch.

5 Likes

You listen open-mouthed, and practice your puzzled chihuahua face in front of the mirror.

18 Likes

Well Doc, nobody could have predicted that treason has consequences. Traitors gotta do what traitors gotta do. It was only a little light treason, and their lawyers leave much to be desired. /s

Put yourself in their shoes, and imagine how they must feel. “Lock em up”, now has special resonance with me. Hehe.

9 Likes

If tucker had been on the line with the police, they would have used him as a sort of human shield.

10 Likes

Word…it was expected that the RWNJ machine would do what they are doing.

6 Likes

Jennifer Rubin’s opener this morning is worth reading.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/28/jan-6-committee-manages-impress-educate/

10 Likes

Item: Trump forbade the GOP Senators working on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill to continue. Last night, O’Donnell said that they are still at it…so did Jen.

11 Likes

Don’t forget about the indirect deaths of Covid, i.e., people who died because they could not get health care because healthcare providers were not seeing patients in their offices or healthcare resources were tapped out or diverted as a result of Covid.

18 Likes