The Right Wing Media Wurlitzer Blew A Fuse Over The First Jan. 6 Hearing | Talking Points Memo

The Snoring Memo regurgitates what we already know.

So let’s RUMBLE!

Subpoena his ass!!!

54 Likes

That would knock out most of cable news.

1 Like

They’re just preaching to the nutbags at this point. Most reasonable, decent people aren’t buying this pathetic and disgusting attempt at historical revisionism. The testimony, video and images speak for themselves. The real danger is for people to just kind of move on and forget about it, not denying how bad it was but sweeping it under the rug as just one of those things.

But I can only see this hurting Repubs, not helping them. The ads write themselves. And the legal justice and national security aspects of this are still yet to play out fully and are really just getting underway. There will be even bigger arrests and charges and show trials, and some people are going to pay for this, big time, some of them pretty big names. This will spill into the 2022 and even 2024 election cycles and hurt the GOP a lot. So mostly ignore these vile buffoons. They’re just trying to misdirect.

24 Likes

I appreciate the details of what was being said without being required to actually tune to these vile stations.

12 Likes

Wasn’t that his favorite line as an assistant wrestling coach?

8 Likes

The thing is, it’s performative and predictable. So why bother?

2 Likes

Oopsie, this wasn’t supposed to happen, would be the lead story any other day. She was polling well ahead of the eventual winner.

Trump-Endorsed Candidate Loses
Trump had endorsed the widow of Rep. Ron Wright (R-TX), who died of COVID-19, but she lost to Republican state Rep. Jake Ellzey in a special election in the Texas 6th.

538’s pre and post analysis: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-a-special-election-in-texass-6th-district-will-test-trumps-influence-on-the-gop/

26 Likes

But support the troops/police, right?

Wild to see GOP media mouthpieces blatantly propaganda away treason like this, but here we are. I’d love real consequences for all of them.

11 Likes

All with a sense of divine entitlement. That’s what sickens me.

13 Likes
44 Likes

The Dotard’s bone spurs are contagious.

5 Likes

Ignorance breeds contempt.

3 Likes

Oh, let’s see… can someone trace that voice mail message to the officer back to its origin?

I bet they can.

10 Likes

What more can you say? That FOX and it’s unholy trinity are sub-human? Lying, corporate sucking, pieces of dung? Oh yes. That and more.

2 Likes

It’s actually a good tactic - no overwhelming where some details get lost in larger details.

Having some space in between allows for the details to settle in to the narrative - and provide the folks on the right side of history with some excellent clips to use against the Right in the run up to 2022.

7 Likes

Have to say - I saw this coming when the blog yesterday noted the emotion, both from the officers and from the committee.

The Right’s overwhelming lack of compassion is on full display.

11 Likes

I’d say it’s more like: The USA owns the world because Jesus gave this land to Christians to rule the planet.

5 Likes

I am sure they can (and will) trace it. I hope that asshole gets a knock on the door over his Wheaties this morning.

ETA: when they trace these vile threat-spewing lunatics down, and classify them as potential terrorists, how great is the possibility that they will land on no-fly lists and stuff? I am certainly hoping for some meaningful (and hopefully uncomfortable) consequences for this.

13 Likes
32 Likes