The House GOP’s Newly Revealed Backchannel Comms With Trump

Do not be the change you do not want to see in the world.

7 Likes

Family emergency.

2 Likes

Yeah, blaming Burchett is giving the RW voters a pass.
I mean, we can all pile on the RW officials, media but it is the RW Rube who is calling the shots on this rhetoric. The RW officials and media have told us, in investigation after investigation, that they don’t believe much or most of this stuff. But they have to do it. They know they are enabling their Frankenstein’s-Monster-on-crack.

Our attention and criticism and shaming should be on the voters, the people, the communities.
They have shown us if we topple their politician or media pig they will raise another in it’s place without a moment’s contemplation.

And hey @thunderclapnewman come back. Shane! Come back!

14 Likes

Northam!

1 Like

… the latest anti-abortion bill GOPers are pushing through the state legislature, which would ban certain residents from traveling outside of the state to receive abortion care.

I don’t know how to reconcile this appearance of big government intrusion into an individual’s private life with the reactionaries unquestionable support for ‘limited government’ and ‘freedom.’
I mean, it’s like their problem is with their opponents using something like these means and not with having an intrusive government dominating its citizens lives.

20 Likes

I fixed it

Whoops.

1 Like

“…machine company’s defamation case goes to trial. Among those Dominion is interested in grilling IRL…”
Is “grilling” really the right word, would not testifying be more accurate.

1 Like

Where’s the Jack Daniels, Old No. 7?
Tennessee whiskey got me drinkin’ in heaven,
But i know i can’t stay up here too long
‘Cause i can’t go a week without doin’ wrong.

1 Like

If the shoe fits… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

Ty for catching that.

Let me fix that for you:

The RepubliQan led United States House of Representatives is just an extension of FQX News, but the courts are NOT.

4 Likes

That’s what Republicans have basically become. They can’t/won’t fix gun violence, can’t fix the Covid pandemic, climate change, Russia’s imperialism, infrastructure, income inequality, or anything else.

And where they do step in, they cause utter chaos and disruption. Public schools, libraries, safe abortion policy, women’s healthcare as just a few examples.

30 Likes

Burchett’s name, face and voice rarely surface, but he seems to be as dangerous, and possibly as influential, as MTG, Boebert, Gaetz et al.

There was a video circulating of Burchett whispering threateningly, Godfather style, in Matt Gaetz’s ear, and Gaetz looking well-threatened, just prior to Gaetz changing his vote to elect McCarthy house speaker. Lots of speculation about who he was and what goods he might have on Gaetz. Has anything more ever surfaced about what happened in that game-changing moment?

16 Likes

That was a quote from the MM, not from me. You’re right about this. Should go back to the author.

1 Like

Sorry, everyone, but this simply fits the GQP MO too well.

14 Likes

Two Nashville Shooting Victims Were Friends of Tennessee Guv and His Wife (yahoo.com) ** But he added, I am not going to do shit about it

** Two of the victims of Monday’s school shooting in Nashville were longtime family friends of Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee and his wife, the governor shared in a video address Tuesday night.

Lee claimed that Cynthia Peak, 61, was scheduled to have dinner with Tennessee’s first lady, Maria Lee, at the governor’s mansion on Monday night—but never made it. Instead, she was killed while substitute teaching at The Covenant School alongside five others, including three children. He also named the school’s late headmistress, Katherine Koontz, saying the three women have been friends for years.

“Maria woke up this morning without one of her best friends,” the Republican governor said in a video posted to Twitter.

“Cindy and Maria and Katherine Koonce were all teachers at the same school and had been family friends for decades,” Lee added. He notably did not mention gun control or any other legislative action specifically, simply saying that it remains too soon to talk, but “we will act.”

25 Likes

I had cataract surgery on Monday. My eyesight is much improved. :slightly_smiling_face:

37 Likes

Politics is local and he was Knox County’s former Mayor.

I know this, because the current Mayor is Libertarian idjit and (presumed) former WWE star, Glenn Jacobs (Kane).

1 Like

Why, Burchett is telling a hard truth. As long as Republicans control a state, or chambers of Congress, gun reform is not going to happen. And even if Republicans don’t control the state and both chambers of Congress there are Dems that think some bans on guns is too much. (is this what it feels like to channel @castor_troy?)
There is hard row to hoe to get any kind of gun reform actions through, even when it effects people who are going through a mental crisis. I was just reading about two different men in my community who were in metal crisis that had events close to my house. One had been held for mental evaluation and was still able to replace the guns the authorities confiscated from him. And the second one was shooting at cars on the highway near me. This just happened 5 days ago.
My point being that we have to somehow overcome decades of Americans loving their guns more than than their families or communities. Overcome the religious nuts that think that if you just pray hard enough God will protect you, because it’s your God given right to own as much firepower has you can afford.
Sorry for being gloomy Gus.

20 Likes