The House GOP’s Newly Revealed Backchannel Comms With Trump

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

I wrote last week about the one-size-fits-all quality Donald Trump brings to his conspiracy theories, offering those who are trying to use their congressional powers to do his dirty work for him, like Jim Jordan, an easy template to latch onto.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1452859
1 Like

Good morning … buzz buzzz… FIrST!
Mike's Fly

But seriously, Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Nihilist) deserves to be shunned by decent people.

62 Likes

pEnCE HaiR fLIes arE tHe NEw kiTTeh pIcS!!!

23 Likes

WoulD’ve been 1ST but TPM burieD the MORNIN memo, basicaLLY shadow-banning ME, and I coulDNT find it until NOW.

42 Likes

‘We’re Not Gonna Fix It’ nihilist Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) sporting a Carhartt jacket over his suit and tie. Wants The Rubes to know he is one of them.

26 Likes

Tweeny tiny baby steps
Fox News Anchor Martha MacCallum Fed Up After Another Mass Shooting: ‘We Have a Serious Problem in This Country!’ (msn.com)

29 Likes

4 Likes

Burchett lives in a deep red district.

8 Likes

Heres hoping
Fox Analyst Is No Longer Bullish — Dominion Lawsuit May Damage Brand (msn.com)

While there is nothing to suggest the company’s fundamentals will deteriorate in the near term, there are also no visible near-term catalysts to drive shares higher, according to BofA Securities.

The Fox Analyst: Jessica Reif Ehrlich downgraded the rating on Fox from Buy to Neutral, while reducing the price target from $42 to $34.

The Fox Thesis: The company’s sports and news portfolio is less sensitive to a potential recovery in the advertising market than broader Media and Entertainment companies, Reif Ehrlich said in the downgrade note.

15 Likes

When more people have guns , more people are shot with guns
Alabama police officers shot, fighting for their lives: ‘Our hearts are shattered’ (msn.com)

29 Likes

What is the language they speak in.

15 Likes

They don’t speak, they shout at each other.

10 Likes

The Dominion lawsuit has ALREADY damaged the brand, and this guy knows it.

Comparing this month to last year’s - “In total day, Fox News averaged 1.32 million, down 27%”

Prognosticator extraordinaire - he can predict the present!!!

13 Likes

Youngkin told lawmakers that he plans to rescind former Democratic Gov. Ralph Norman’s policy of restoring voting rights to people with felony convictions once they’re released from prison and said that previously incarcerated people will only have their right to vote restored if Youngkin decides they are worthy. He said he will evaluate individuals on a case-by-case basis.

53 Likes

He seems perfectly fine with his constituents getting mass-murdered. I wonder if people in his district understand that he will do nothing to increase their chances of seeing tomorrow.

26 Likes

Yo, Mikey you’re a loser, like your boss.

18 Likes

What a whiney, pointless, ineffectual bag of human cells.

Shunning is too good for him.

21 Likes

“I keep him up on everything that we’re doing,” Greene told CNN. “He seems very plugged in at all times. Sometimes I’m shocked at how he knows all these things. I’m like, ‘How do you know all this stuff?’”

A steady diet of Faux Noise, you dumb witch…

Indictment Watch

The supposed reason for why Murdoch can’t testify in person? The 92-year-old just got engaged and is going to be traveling more in the coming year.

Somewhere, I read that the judge stated clearly that [s]he wasn’t buying the story of him being too infirmed to travel, when he’s making news with the engagement.

“It’s a horrible, horrible situation,” Burchett told reporters. “And we’re not gonna fix it.”

Needs to be a billboard in every community where a mass shooting has taken place. Or more than one. This nonsense needs to have a bright light shone upon it.

REPORTER: “What else should be done to protect people like your little girl?”

BURCHETT: “Well, we homeschool her.”

Until she goes to the mall or to church. This guy is just demonstrating his entitlement - again, another billboard in every community that’s had to deal with shootings.

Layers Of Nonsense

Heather Cox Richardson covered this at length in her letter this am.

March 28, 2023 - by Heather Cox Richardson (substack.com)

Youngkin told lawmakers that he plans to rescind former Democratic Gov. Ralph Norman’s policy of restoring voting rights to people with felony convictions once they’re released from prison and said that previously incarcerated people will only have their right to vote restored if Youngkin decides they are worthy. He said he will evaluate individuals on a case-by-case basis.

That’s not going to leave a whole lot of time for actually, you know, governing.

33 Likes

“Parents’ rights,” in other words, is when some parents have the right to dominate all the others.

Minority government – is this, like, some kind of emergent trend amongst reactionaries?

34 Likes

Morning chuckle

25 Likes