Some GOPers Don’t Even Want To Weigh In On The Merits Of House’s Case | Talking Points Memo

They’ve got 9 months. That’s plenty of time, especially when there are myriad angles to approach it from and when actions late in the game are more likely to help them create an “oopsy” moment that has GOPers arguing “well, we can’t just hold the election all over again, so we’re going to have to go with these results” while some Black-Robed Trump KKKlan member nods his head sagely from the bench…

1 Like

Manchin?!? That’s not a man chin. Here’s a man chin:

Good point.

I just am so tired of the asymmetic treatment of the parties by the so-called “liberal media”.

5 Likes

I’m not going to bet against you, but considering that the state party are 0-2 (?) on the suppression front…

5 Likes

Doug Jones has been getting silly treatment from the right that he might vote to acquit Trump. That is absurd. He has a narrow path to winning his seat again and the last thing he would do is alienate his national support base. Sure they can’t vote, but they send money and logistical support. He’s not an equivalent to Joe Manchin.

1 Like

Cancer’s a bitch but bragging that you’re smoking is stupid. He’ll get what he deserves and won’t like it.

3 Likes

We shall see. They’ve been a bit too straight forward in their approaches for it to slide by, but I can imagine them just resorting to the purse strings for example.

1 Like

Yeah, and it was Kevin McCarthy that shot it down. Had he worked with Pelosi when she gave him the chance early on in September when the contours of this were just emerging, it could have been done in a few days. Thanks to that misstep, we have since learned that our foreign policy has been turned into a private piggy-bank for Trump. Probably McCarthy’s biggest flub since becoming minority leader.

1 Like

Dickish tall moronic president is now beginning to run scared because B’berg. “Mini Mike asked for a box to stand on before he spoke”, a lie of course, but when the trumPP spotlight is turned on a candidate it’s not out of admiration.

4 Likes

Speculation about Jones and others from states trumPP won is coming from the right and the left. At the same time ̶i̶f̶ when Sessions enters the AL senate race and he will, Jones doesn’t have a chance to be re-elected so he might as well vote to acquit because he’ll be out of a job either way.

1 Like

It’s several men’s chins.

3 Likes

Soon he will come after the other GOP members who are not of the cult.

9 Likes

Dick Tracy villain.

1 Like

four Democrats from states won by Mr. Trump: Senators Joe Manchin III of West Virginia, Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, Doug Jones of Alabama and Gary Peters of Michigan. Should one or more vote to clear the president on either of the charges he faces, it would hand [PP] a coveted talking point during an election year.

It’s good to not be any one of them.

2 Likes

I want to know what the GOP is going to do if he does put Bolton in prison.

It’s not like Bolton is a Democrat.

9 Likes

Bolton literally knows where the bodies are buried.

(He’s been sketching maps for decades.)

7 Likes

They’ll give these folks the Biden treatment. Make shit up and persecute them with Barr’s help.

“It’s payback time,” a prominent Republican told me last week. “He has an enemies list that is growing by the day,” another source said. Names that came up in my conversations with Republicans included Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Mitt Romney, and John Bolton. “Trump’s playbook is simple: go after people who crossed him during impeachment.”

8 Likes

No longer the greatest deliberative body.

5 Likes

All this stress and anger PP is going to experience in going after real and imagined enemies is not good for the heart could lead to. . . an event. Meanwhile Democrats will continue to hold hearings and subpoena people like Bolton. But what does “go after” mean? More and vicious tweets? Death threats to their dogs or themselves? Or maybe inspire another attack on a synagogue because two of the enemies are Jews.

6 Likes

Not True! He likes the Russian ones.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available