Senate High Fives Itself On Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill. But What’s Next? | Talking Points Memo

But he did need Trump to win them. Specifically, he needed Trump voters to win those two seats. It turns out that just wasn’t quite enough, and that just enough of Georgia’s rural Trump Country voters stayed home at higher rates than elsewhere in the state.

6 Likes

He better be descending into irrelevance.

4 Likes

Now here’s a number from the GOP House of Sorrow & Lamentation

We don’t like Masks …
We don’t wanna wash our hands
We suffer, Oh we suffer … great pain when forced to face truth
We are offended when people who don’t look like us call themselves Americans

10 Likes

No gonna lie, I kind of love that Trump is showing his ass on this. He looks like such a little bitch. Plus, if he succeeds in scrapping this deal, we get to do these same things, only better in an even larger reconciliation package and the R’s lose the positive coverage they are going to get in outsized amounts of for doing this bare minimum of work.

10 Likes

It’s either all this or Trump

4 Likes

I’m going with Josh here…Sinema is nothing more than a preening phony. Don’t give her the attention.

6 Likes

I think there’s a possibility that Yertle is getting awfully sick of FatAss and may want to break his thrall over the MAGAts just a bit. By ignoring him on a few things, Yertle is showing he’s not afraid of FatAss. That diminishes him and reverts more power back to Yertle’s role.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s what I think. McConnell is smarter by far than Qevin and I think he is trying quietly to move the Senate away from the MFWWNBN.

7 Likes

Just not sure who she thinks she’s preening to:

She’s not popular with anyone, including ‘Independents’. Her only success is being slightly less hated by R’s who still won’t vote for her ever.

9 Likes

I’m very upset about just about everything the Treason Party is still doing to hamstring the nation, but I must admit pleasure in knowing that Mitch is probably wiping the sweat off his purple ass more than once a day. He likely thought the reach of orange fungus would by now be receded. But no, he has to manage that plus blinding stupidity in his House caucus and a certain POTUS who seems to understand the game pretty well. Mitch is on the ramparts alone now, with enemies on both sides of the wall, and with any luck shortly there will be a whole bunch of heads mounted up there with him.

4 Likes

I keep using the comparison, and this ought to be the constant Democratic messaging.
Bush tax cuts- $4 trillion (Ok Obama rolled back a part of them)
War on terrorism including Iraq and Afghanistan-$5-6 trillion
Trump tax cuts- $2 trillion
The infrastructure bill of $3.5 trillion that invests in our country, has a real multiplier effect, is good for business and makes people’s lives better-a far better value than any of those.

5 Likes

Anyone with fashion sense as terribly bad as Kyrsten Sinema probably makes a lot of other bad decisions too.
Petty, I know, but true nonetheless.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, he can still smell blood in the water in his old feeble age. We all have one thing in common with Mitch, and that is for trump to leave the stage…for good.

3 Likes

Kaine is smart. Split the Rs on Trump’s failures so they have to choose either moving ahead with infrastructure under Biden giving him a win and Trump a loss, or blocking it so that Trump doesn’t lose but they alienate everyone else.

The more Trump bashes McConnell and anyone working with Ds, the less likely the Trumpers will be to turn out for ANY Rs without Trump himself on the ticket.

6 Likes

Based on what I see, it’s not working.

1 Like

5 Likes

Thank the heavans she doesn’t think she’s too sexy for her shirt.

1 Like

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts. He didn’t roll back any part of them that I’m aware of. The excuse was Republicans were holding UE benefits hostage.
With interest, Bush’s tax cut added 5.6 trillion to the deficit from 2001-2018.

CARES Act: 2.2 trillion.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: 225 billion
Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act: 483 billion
Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021: 920 billion
American Rescue Plan, 2021: 1.9 trillion.
Add in 4.7 trillion for infrastructure and inflation is going to rise more.
I’m questioning the need for all that money to be pumped into the economy when Walmart in Little Falls had a sign up offering $17.00 dollars an hour in order to attract employees. Employers can’t find help now.
I mean the economy seems to be hitting on all 8 cylinders right now.
Do we really need that much stimulus right now?
First quarter GDP grew by 6.4%
Second quarter GDP grew by 6.5%

1 Like

Is Sinema planning on negotiating the reconciliation bill for months? Moderate Dem, more like moderate Repib.

Yep and add in Trump’s constant harping on how it’s all rigged and you have a formula for GOP voters not turning out.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available