Sen. Brown Presses Mnuchin, ‘How Many Workers Should Give Their Lives’ For The Dow? | Talking Points Memo

See that’s a trick question.

That’s like asking “How long is a piece of string?”

The answer “As long as it needs to be”

So yeah - as many as it takes to keep the Dow up.

Next question?

9 Likes

UN Secretary General: “Let me be clear: There is no choice between addressing the health impact and the economic and social fallout from this pandemic. This is a false dichotomy. Unless we control the spread of the virus, the economy will never recover.”

25 Likes

Ah. Have we withdrawn from the UN yet? Why not?

13 Likes

We cannot go back to business as usual.

8 Likes

At least that one quarterback dude isn’t playing anymore.

1 Like

I’m not going to let you make a political speech ~U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown.

You gotta love it!

17 Likes

Trump lies 24/7, says the previous president committed high treason and should be jailed for 50 years, his son accuses Biden of pedophilia, Trump accuses a pundit he doesn’t like of being involved in a murder, Mnuchin lies about the virus, Pompeo lies about everything, and on, and on. The whole administration telling lies with every breath that are actually harmful to people and create violence, fear and hatred.Telling lies that could unbalance the world.

As much as I believe in free speech, and I really do, I can’t get past the feeling we are missing something obvious about people wielding almost unlimited power and lying at that level. I have a very hard time accepting that it hasn’t been censured and eliminated by people who actually care about the truth. I have a hard time believing that people just count his lies, and accept that everything he says is suspect, and then allow him to continue, lying about everything from toilets to things that actually get people killed out of hatred and ignorance. I really struggle with this, that it is just accepted and OK.

But here we are. Every day, here we are.Lying is the closest thing to a consistent policy that this administration has.It sucks the meaning out of everything, renders things of immense importance equivalent to things that are trivial. It tilts the whole world 10 degrees out of alignment. It turns the average into the dumb and the dumb into the deadly. It wipes out each and every norm we thought was in place to keep us from destroying ourselves.

29 Likes

I’m surprised that he hasn’t tried to evict the UN from NYC.

13 Likes

The answer my friend is pissing in the wind.

Walker

6 Likes

Had HRC chosen Sherrod Brown for a running mate, she’d be running for re-election, now!

6 Likes

Just wanted to post your last paragraph again, in case anyone missed it.

21 Likes

.01 percent need their pound of flesh.

2 Likes

I would extend that to all flora and fauna. If America don’t quit its unsustainable ways, Owners of capital and workers alike will continue to suffer. Get out the Chris Lasch.

2 Likes

Bravo!

3 Likes

So you’re saying we should prolong it like, say, the Spanish Inquisition might’ve?

2 Likes

Don’t fret now. Those guardsmen will vote for Trump anyway.

2 Likes

I really want Elizabeth to be the VP nominee so she can attack dog the strumpster. Mike Bloomberg was just the warm up act.

6 Likes

You know what they’re doing to the National Guard, who’s doing a lot of the testing and so forth? They’re cutting them off at 89 days served instead of 90, to deny them extra benefits. They use words to paint pretty pictures, these people, because that doesn’t cost a thing, and then they slap the essential workers they were just rhapsodizing about right in the goddamn face and tell them maybe this is happening to you but to many others it isn’t and they’re happy. Just sickening and horrible.

Oops, didn’t see you’d mentioned this. I’ve never seen such cynicism.

20 Likes
20 Likes

Can’t have those nasty Guard members earning GI Bill benefits (one of the bigger things that kicks in), they might get learned and think themselves too good to be stocking shelves for their betters.

16 Likes