Sen. Brown Presses Mnuchin, ‘How Many Workers Should Give Their Lives’ For The Dow? | Talking Points Memo

“Oy” is used here in the sense of “cleaning Donald’s Mickey Mouse clock among the older voters”, of course.

2 Likes

I love me some Sherrod Brown. I just love the man.

25 Likes

Military are “expendable,” and know that. The rest of us are disposable human resources who may or may not be aware of that, yet.

12 Likes

What we really need is a good potato famine to take advantage of to kill off all those inconvenient tubers…

Yeah, I said it, I said the t-word…whatcha gonna do about it?

8 Likes

They’re not White, not men, and not educated. Simple.

6 Likes

It’s the Scrooge argument from Dickens’ A Christmas Carol about the “surplus population.”

Republicans don’t value life, only work and dollars.

9 Likes

When does the team of Mangolini and Mnuchin launch their new game show “Dying For Dollars”?

11 Likes

So were the privates Generals sent to charge machine guns all the wars of the last century. People like Mnuchin know the use of cannon fodder.

5 Likes

I love the yucksters, especially the tough guy in the cowboy hat.

2 Likes

And how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?

Zimmerman

12 Likes

Somebody else’s work, that is.

17 Likes

It’s a great question. Have you noticed that those who talk about accepting deaths to save the economy are never talking about their own death? It’s sort of like how republicans talk tough about the military yet they sit home and dodge the draft 5 time due to bone spurs.

25 Likes

Oh come now. They don’t deserve to die. They are VERY IMPORTANT MEN.

5 Likes

I know it’s minor compared to everything else that he does and says, but this still confounds me. Why won’t any of his aids correct him in private?

12 Likes

Whitehouse is also on that list.

8 Likes

Watching them run into danger…It is a beautiful thing.

6 Likes

Rethugliklans don’t value work. They see the labor of others as just another resource to be exploited. That’s why they always fight tooth and nail against even the most meager raise in the minimum wage.

As Chris Rock sagely pointed out: “You know what that means when someone pays you minimum wage? You know what your boss was trying to say? It’s like, ‘Hey, if I could pay you less, I would, but it’s against the law.’”

24 Likes

I admit I have not been able to watch or follow this closely today, (so this is why I’m asking) but while a nice soundbite (and the Dems need soundbites!) have any of the Dems openly called for these workers to unionize and strike for safer conditions? Or are they just gonna tisk tisk the republicans on this?

4 Likes

In that exchange, Brown repeatedly leaves Mnuchin tangled up in his own talking points while turning to Jerome Powell and asking the same question and getting a rational response.

11 Likes

They worship that liberal Benjamin Franklin??

5 Likes