Schiff Announces Senate Bid For 2024, Joining Already Crowded Field For Feinstein’s Seat

One way for those outside of CA to support him

6 Likes

I like Katie Porter as well, though doesn’t she serve in a R leaning district? Would the people of her district switch back to voting republican if she leaves the house?

There is that but Porter is up against the Orange County RW every two years, wasting precious time campaigning and begging for money. She won her 3rd time by 51/48%. Schiff won his reelection by about 40%. And along with Sen Warren we have the two best minds and personalities to take on Corporate America.

16 Likes

I couldn’t find anything definitive on whether they would be able to run for both seats simultaneously. They can do it for senate and president at the same time, but I couldn’t find this.

The other thing to keep in mind - in California the top two vote getters from the primary, regardless of party, go to the general election. If it’s Schiff and Porter, you can bet the GQP will be hounding on that “why vote for them when they can’t commit to one or the other” blah, blah, blah. And should they win both, their House seat will be vacant and will stay that way until a special election can be held to fill it.

They need to commit to one or the other and possibly end up with nothing.

4 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see Schiff as Garland’s replacement in the AG’s office… talk about making the GOP sh*t their collective pants.

11 Likes

I loved Leahy, and he did a good job toward the end of his career, considering the Dems didn’t have control of the Senate during Trump’s presidency. He was knowledgeable, experienced and an asset on the Dem side. I’ll miss him.

7 Likes

Also shot was Harvey Milk, a groundbreaking figure, a gay man in the fairly new gay rights movement. Terrible day, and the sadness of it all didn’t go away for a long time.

I was introduced to George Moscone in a restaurant where he was glad handing everybody, good looking, charming and father of four. He might have become an important figure on the Democratic national stage. His widow recently died at age 92. Widowhood sucks but to have it imposed on you in this most violent way, just awful.

11 Likes

That’s not happening.

It’s a question that’s rarely asked, but as long as Garland has Biden’s confidence.

5 Likes

It’s the same primary. If they run for the Senate, they can’t run for the House.

There is also a danger in too many strong Democrats running in CA jungle primary. We already expect 3. I’m worried that with 4+ Democrats the is a chance 2 Republicans make it to a general.

5 Likes

I’d like to see someone from Southern California.

4 Likes

These folks who refuse to leave & warrant respect for all their years of service get none when they they think their selfish desires matter more than the impact on the future.

RBG did same BS declining to resign under BHO because she wanted HRC to be able to appoint her successor. Look how that turned out! We have Barrett & Kavanaugh so all her rulings are being overturned. If only she had sat her old ass down & rested on her glory. But no she persisted.

Now, we have Feinstein doing same BS. Feinstein needs to MOVE ON!
Geez, she is blocking the future & impeding progress despite all the years she did opposite & rightfully deserves respect for but it’s time to GO!

Move on Diane!

5 Likes

It’s probable that one or more will drop out before the primary to clear the field once one candidate emerges as the most likely winner.

17 Likes

I like National Security Advisor or CIA chief.

Perfect Fuck you to Kevin.

12 Likes

I didn’t mean to slight Harvey, he may of been in the sub headline. I don’t recall.

4 Likes

Funny - the term Senator literally has the same roots as the word senior and comes from the Latin “old man” The Senate originated as a council of elders, acknowledging the importance of wisdom accrued over time.
And Schiff is getting dinged for being an old man with lots of experience

Crazy

10 Likes

Well, no. He may like the idea of campaigning every 6 years instead of every 2 years. How would you feel if you had to deal with the likes of Gosar, Boobert, Marj, Gaetz, Biggs, Perry, Jordan, and McCarthy on a regular basis?

10 Likes

He’s not just Adam Schiff, he’s also “anti-trump stalwart” Adam Schiff as Axios called him. That works for me hahahaha.

11 Likes

His spirit lives on, I can assure you.

6 Likes

Feinstein has been a stalwart, but it is time for her to move on. At least, she will know the Senate seat will be in good hands, however it shakes out.

15 Likes

In my humble opinion, it already has. It’s been clear for a while now that she is no longer up to the job and should have retired already. She’s in CA, and will be replaced by a Dem, so it’s not like there’s some political reason for her to hold on this way. It’s just sad. And makes me lose some respect for her.

Leahy is old, yet he seemed to be somewhat capable. And still he made the right choice to step down. I can’t say the same for DiFi.

12 Likes

We can’t be sure of this, political chattering class is saying this, but it’s too soon to believe it’ll be the case. The 24/7 news media we have has to feed the beast, this is only one morsel.

9 Likes