Scalise Refuses To Blame Trump For Capitol Insurrection After Mar-a-Lago Visit | Talking Points Memo

Always the opposite portrayal of the actual situation…

ALWAYS

7 Likes

Isn’t his code name Anger Chipmunk now?

6 Likes

I truly do not understand why the press continues showing such deference to Repubs. I know it was studied back as far as the Carter administration that they suffered from trying-to-prove-I’m-not-liberal. But surely that should have passed by now.

9 Likes

UGH-this is what happens when I procrastinate washing the floor. I get sucked into the latest Facebook/Zuckerberg disgrace. Glad I shut down my social media back when the deepfake controversy was being ignored and implicitly condoned.

9 Likes

To some degree this is a loop. People like Trump create a different definition of “politics” as a spectator sport (1) seen in binary (win-lose) terms. and (2) post-Truth hate-of-the-week.

Beats having to watch Roller Derby or Wrestling

These guys (it’s just about all WM’s folks) show up on the TV in $5,000 suits.

And lie their fucking asses off

9 Likes

Totally OT, and some pretty shameless bragging to boot:
Both my dogs earned Obedience titles this weekend.

11 Likes

…Scalise said. “But if you’re going to ignore the fact that there were states that did not follow their own state legislatively set laws, that’s the issue at heart, that millions of people still are not happy with and don’t want to see happen again.”

This is what fucking gets me, excuse the language, but it’s like COVID wasn’t an issue, that most of these states have legislatures controlled by Republicans, that none of this sinks in, or they ignore it. Wasn’t it in PA that wrote new procedures, passed the legislature, and written within was a time frame for an objection?
Scalise and other Trumpers are sounding like mitigation procedures, changing of some rules, were all because Trump was running, and not because of COVID.

9 Likes

The primary control center.

2 Likes

Congratulations, but beware of the slippery slope. Learning unquestioning obedience is the first step towards becoming a Republican.

14 Likes

They can’t say their lord and savior is a ball of anger, insecurity and obsessiveness. This is like the court pretending and going through the motions when the king has passed and they are not ready for things to change.

4 Likes

Ah, but it’s questioning. These dogs are born Democrats.

2 Likes

“Obedience titles”

Can I have your Dom’s phone #?

1 Like

You lost me.

Did Scalise salute the big condom flying on the Mar-a-Lago flagpoll honoring Rush Limbaugh and Jeffrey Epstein?

1 Like

For an ass like Scalise, yes.

Would you expect otherwise from Mr. David Duke without the baggage.

TrUmP didNt concede. IpSo fact he Is stiLL presiDent. MarcH is Just around the Corner Libs.

12 Likes

I think the answer to the question is ‘none of the above,’ unless you count implicitly supporting the insurrectionists by censuring local politicians who voted for impeachment.
On the other hand, they’re quite willing to have all the ‘little people’ who physically violated Congress go to jail, as long as the investigations stop there.

5 Likes

Of course, members of the Do-Nothing party take no responsibility for their errors or cruelties. Instead they hide behind false equivalencies and other lies.

Scalis is a scoundrel of the worst sort.

3 Likes

Sounds like the latest version of, “what aboutism,” and “there are good people on both sides.”

I wish we could find some good people on the RethugliQanon side.