Scalise Refuses To Blame Trump For Capitol Insurrection After Mar-a-Lago Visit | Talking Points Memo

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) on Sunday made clear that he stands by former President Trump as he took great pains to deflect from Trump’s incitement of the mob behind the deadly Capitol insurrection last month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361215
1 Like

Convenient memory hole that Trump denounced exactly nothing until it had clearly failed in its goals. And even then was celebrating the attempt.

44 Likes

Holding fast to his loyalty to the former president, Scalise said that there was “a lot of blame to go around.”

When he’s right, he’s right.

27 Likes

“I was in Florida doing some fundraising throughout a number of parts of Florida, ended up at Mar-a-Lago and the president reached out and we visited,” Scalise said. “I hadn’t seen him since he had left the White House and it was actually good to catch up with him. I noticed he was a lot more relaxed than his four years in the White House.”

Scalise is on the right.

26 Likes

All they’ve done since the day (he) walked into office was try to impeach him,” Scalise said, referring to Democrats.

I still have this song in my head (thanks a lot Marvel), soooooooo…

V.o: "previously on ‘Pelosi’."

12 Likes

“At the end of the day, the people who stormed the Capitol on January 6th, it was a disgrace and they need to be held accountable,” Scalise said.

OK, we can start there.

What are Republicans specifically willing to do in order to hold those terrorists accountable?

Are local Republican Party organizations volunteering to testify? Are they turning anyone in? Are they providing leads? Calling for subpoenas?

35 Likes

“Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them 2.0”

9 Likes

I really despise these Sunday morning talk shows that fall all over themselves to get the Republican talking points out

33 Likes
38 Likes

Scalise claimed on ABC News that he just simply “ended” up at Mar-a-Lago last week to do “some fundraising” in Florida.

Look Ma, moron.

18 Likes

Let’s see if we can keep track of his lies.

He was just in the neighborhood, when good neighbor Trump reached out to him in a neighborly way. They didn’t talk about getting revenge on Trump’s enemies. Democrats are as guilty for inciting the insurrection as all the states who violated their own election laws and stole the election from Trump, who denounced the violence like all responsible people do.

That’s all I got, because I immediately changed the channel when Jonathon Karl asked Scalise for his honest evaluation of Biden’s Covid Relief bill. I assume he had a critique leaning somewhat in a negative direction.

17 Likes

Scalise, as you recall, was shot at a Congressional Baseball event. Now he’s resorted to shooting himself in the foot. Sad.

11 Likes

[“At the end of the day, the people who stormed the Capitol on January 6th, it was a disgrace and they need to be held accountable,” Scalise said.]

One Way Loyalty

13 Likes
35 Likes

Freaking cult members…At least in Scalise case, you could argue that he got brain damage from the time he was shot in the ass.

32 Likes

OT… And to think that this guy as DNI…

10 Likes

Because he has something down there for brains.

1 Like

Scalise is a radical and a proud son of the confederacy. Who else but a radical can literally get shot, almost die, and still believe there should be absolutely no limits as far as gun ownership is concerned?

21 Likes

uh-huh.

1 Like

This.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available