Scalise Refuses To Blame Trump For Capitol Insurrection After Mar-a-Lago Visit | Talking Points Memo

Not pay them because they failed to keep Donnie in the OO?

7 Likes

Apparently, Steve Scalise is “special” too.

2 Likes

Meanwhile…

9 Likes

He’s also playing politics. And calculating. Trumpism relies on announcing anything that can cause consternation to its foes.

The procedural hurdles it takes to enact policy and its accompanying relief offer time and opportunity to use the only tactics in their playbook right now: Trumpism and Obstruction.

10 Likes

Rep. Scalise’s gerrymandered district, which is 73 percent white and doesn’t even connect across land, is emblematic of voter suppression. Check out Louisiana CDs One and Two on wiki and their racial compositions. Coming from him, that state governments failed administering the election is a double knot of racist hypocrisy.

25 Likes

Just not in the ways that Scalise likes to pretend.

8 Likes

David Duke without the baggage.
Second ranking House rethug.

8 Likes

There’s plenty of baggage with Scalise.
It just lacks the KKK initials that are on Duke’s baggage.

12 Likes

Though the anchor and news guys will try to avoid asking that question, i wish a reporter (especially a Fox News one) will ask Scalise that Obama impeachment question.

Two separate times, Pelosi reluctantly called for impeachment, because Trump believes that the presidency has no restraints.

Unless the president is a Democrat.

11 Likes

Yes. And I’m reminded (yet again) of Scalise’s description of himself as “David Duke without the baggage.”

ETA: I see others were reminded of the exact same line. Way to be memorable/quotable, Rep. Scalise!

4 Likes

All of this is power politics. Trump could say that we fought Britain in WWII and Scalise would agree.

Aside from the fact that Scalise’s acceptance of Trump’s lies is, to Trump, beneficial, it is the outlandish degree to which Scalise inverts truth which is at once pitiful and also a thorough indication of Scalise being a compromised, slavish Trump minion.

He might as well have an Identity Card.

5 Likes

I think we have today’s innertube winner.

6 Likes

I’ll say it again. Scalise is the scum of the Earth. It’s too bad he got shot because it gave him Con Creds with a certain portion of society. He has ALWAYS been a right wing liar and professional victim. He blamed ALL Democrats when he was shot but BY GOD AND BY TRUMP nobody on the Right is to ‘blame’ for a bunch of Trump licking, Confederate flag waving crazies that attacked our Capitol.

7 Likes

If not Trump, then it must be the entire Republican party that is responsible.

2 Likes

OT: Great news, and my hope is this extends to other areas across government, particularly intelligence.

34 Likes

I noticed he was a lot more relaxed than his four years in the White House.

Right now it burns. Scalise may be trying to put a different face on his failed leader, but the loss and that he is not president is raging in that orange pea brain.

10 Likes

Naziface Thug pilgrimed to Mar-a-Lago, kissed the Ring and sealed his fate.

5 Likes

2 Likes

They are going to drown in both.

Voters are tired of the same old. That’s what caused a lot of them to vote for the MFWWNBN in the first place but they are just as likely to turn elsewhere. They are not dedicated to voting GOP.

7 Likes

Only in the way that Trump reserves for his brownshirts:

We love you. You’re very special. … Remember this day forever!
– Donald Trump to the insurrectionists who invaded the US capitol at his behest.

January 6, 2021, a date that will live in infamy.

2 Likes