Roger Stone Requests New Trial Amid Presidential Meddling Scandal | Talking Points Memo

Yeah no. hahahahahahaha

That’s not evidence.

7 Likes

I hope the judge at sentencing gives him 9 years and 1 day.
just to watch trumps brain flip flop in all that available space.
but of course, he will pardon and play the victim for doing so.

2 Likes

Why not just hang the SOB.

3 Likes

I’m frankly surprised nobody has killed before now.

10 Likes

Put some stones in Stone’s pockets, force him to walk into a lake a la Virginia Woolf.

2 Likes

He has about as much chance as we do to get a new Impeachment trial

2 Likes

I read that she did deny his request.

2 Likes

Roger Stone Requests New Trial Amid Presidential Meddling Scandal

I say give it to him.

I’m sure that there are a lot of new charges that can be brought against him.

4 Likes

Nothing like a new trial after the President has publicly gone after the jury foreman in the first one.

7 Likes

Mob lawyer figures

5 Likes

Judge to Stone: Nyet.

2 Likes

The Orange Krakon has been unleashed. Thanks to all you republicans for letting this shithead fuck up our country.

I got nothing for you anymore.

6 Likes

Didn’t he pardon Arpaio right before he was sentenced for contempt?

5 Likes

He doesn’t want them to have to testify. I don’t think he will pardon anyone, which is why he is trying to get Barr to get them off. He doesn’t need Stone or Flynn anymore, he is the all powerful Oz now.

5 Likes

Yep, those four U.S. attorneys who resigned do not reflect well on Barr’s DOJ. Wonder if Judge Berman-Jackson will say a word or two about that?

12 Likes

When she is facing the DOJ attorneys and asking “Who are you again?”

2 Likes

Yeah that is a great big Be Careful What You Wish For.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Could be a reprise of the Flynn strategy. Keep coming up with crazy shit to force postponements, one month a time. If you assume november clemency each month of delay is one less month in jail. If on Thursday judge ABJ sentences him to jail, I hope it is with the stipulation it begins immediately, taken into custody directly from the courtroom.

7 Likes

One of the first things John Roberts did on the Supreme Court was to get out into the conservative swamp land and wade hip deep into the mud to rescue his good christian friend Bob McDonnell who had innocently happened to take suitcases of cash, vacations, expensive cars, watches and even stole from the governors mansion in order to do his elected job as Virginia Governor. Sleazy Johnny Roberts thought it was mighty unfair that a great christian and conservative like his fried Bob, who had decreed forced transvaginal probing of pregnant women, should be even prosecuted. Johnny Roberts found a way to declare bribery constitutional and a conservative virtue. Roberts is as vile and amoral as the other conservatives. Will do anything for his party, for his faith, for power, for money and sex.

12 Likes

So can he be pardoned before being convicted? I just ask because otherwise a mistrial would likely lead to a new trial that would last past Trump’s term. Would there then be no possibility of pardon?

I must be missing something because then the request would be entail a lot of risk.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available