Roger Stone Requests New Trial Amid Presidential Meddling Scandal | Talking Points Memo

Roger Stone’s attorneys have requested a new trial amid fierce criticism in Washington that President Donald Trump exerted political pressure to help his friend and confidante.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291510
1 Like

Leave no Stone (trial) overturned.

24 Likes

Outcome: Nope.

15 Likes

Dear SCJ Roberts

Your part of the EQUAL branch of government is in deep corruption and political swamp!

Are you going to defend the rule of law or just be another Trumpbot or Trump :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil: in the Banana Republic of Trump and turn the SC into a Kangaroo Kourt under your watch?

21 Likes

Might want to quit while you’re ahead, Rog.

13 Likes

Someone feels emboldened.

34 Likes

Trump and his Chumps are just cueing up the outrage machine for when the appeal is denied.

13 Likes

Realizing that you are unlikely to get a pardon is not, in fact, a basis for a new trial. Too bad he know so much about the corruption in this administration. My guess is that they’ll try for a pardon with an executive order that suspends the obligation to testify against the President.

16 Likes

I suspect this is theatrical window-dressing to prepare the ground for the upcoming pardon. Makes it all the easier for Trump to say he’s pardoning Stone because the latter “was treated very unfairly.”

9 Likes

Whhhhaaaaatttt??? :thinking:

3 Likes

Anyone not expect this? Anyone? Meanwhile, over to you Lindsay.

11 Likes

Presidential Meddling,on steroids.

" Trump administration to deploy specialized Border Patrol agents to sanctuary cities

Elite border agents will be sent to cities including New York and Chicago."

13 Likes

I thought Judge Berman already denied this request.

15 Likes

This Motion is way out of time.

Rule 33a. requires that any Motion for New Trial not based on new evidence just discovered has to be filed within 14 days of the verdict or finding of guilty.

35 Likes

OT (kind of)

I miss the early days of MSNBC, when Rachel just got started. Every Friday night, she closed her show with a little segment on her cocktail concoctions. It was always a slow Friday news night. I know that she misses those days. I believe she is the only MSNBC star who has her own bar in her office suite, or set.

I also miss Olbermann…

26 Likes

There is no redemption for dirty tricksters. It is not within their nature.

8 Likes

Yup.

So WTF? Missing information, TPM?

17 Likes

I don’t get it either unless this is a new one with a different argument for why it’s necessary.

16 Likes

We’ll this time they remembered to say “Simon says” - duh!

5 Likes

Stone’s new lawyer, what’s her name?, is a known shit-ball on the wall player.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available