Roger Stone Requests New Trial Amid Presidential Meddling Scandal | Talking Points Memo

I think he’ll go with the blander ‘we must stop refighting past battles and look forward together to a brighter future. A fresh start.’ Probably the morning after the election.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought - it’s about the jury foreman I think.

Good grief. Just more bullshit.

16 Likes

There’s also a new, new lawyer.

With his sentencing fast approaching, Roger Stone is bolstering his defense team with a veteran criminal defense attorney whose past roster of clients included John Gotti Jr. and other high-profile figures allegedly involved in organized crime.

New York attorney Seth Ginsberg has an extensive background in criminal defense work. In a filing this week, Judge Amy Berman Jackson granted Stone’s request to bring Ginsberg onto his team.

6 Likes

Sources have leaked a first draft of the judge’s ruling on his motion.

“How’s never? Does never work for you?”

21 Likes

Time for the ABA to withdraw Sidney Powell’s law license.

10 Likes

Silly Ralph. That was the other request.

11 Likes

Sounds like there was an infusion of cash from somewhere. Stone really really really doesn’t want to go to jail. hahahahahaha

20 Likes

I do too.

14 Likes

As Brad Heath said, this is a much harder Hill to climb. It’s a delaying tactic to allow time for Barr to pull some strings.

9 Likes

I think Barr is all out of strings, especially in the DC district.

14 Likes

It was the Roberts court which decided in favor of Citizens United, unleashing dark money all pouring into republican races from who knows where and making it harder for progressive groups to counter that avalanche of dough. He’s guilty.

20 Likes

What makes you think Agent Orange won’t pardon Stone? I expect him to do so right after the election, no matter who wins. Indeed, I think there will be mass pardons for all the cronies

4 Likes

OTOH, I really really really want Stone to go to jail.

13 Likes

WTAF? Would these be the ones with less prominent bay windows?

7 Likes

More OT. Rachel has a verbal tic which a lot of talkers have, that is using “I mean” starting a lot of her sentences. On a slow night for me, I counted 18 times in her 43 minutes of airtime. I tune in a few nights a week but abandon it when she gets to six. But I’ll never stop missing Olbermann and his Worst Person in The World, specially when it was Coultergeist.

10 Likes

Why is he waiting? I don’t get this idea at all. He can do it whenever he wants and obviously he doesn’t care what people think so why not just go on and do it?

3 Likes

He’s going to be pardoned. When Fatso says to reporters he’s thinking about it, he’s being coy because he means he will and just can’t say out loud.

3 Likes

The guy with GOP written on his jacket is Lindsey, and in the pink jacket is Susan.

24 Likes

New evidence that the President did not want him to be convicted?

9 Likes

Not after the election, after the sentencing. With luck Judge Jackson will toss him in jail for a long time, trumPP wouldn’t tolerate that.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available