Republicans Take Trump’s Planned 2024 Election Denialism To The House Floor

(h/t Betsy Ross)

10 Likes

I don’t want to make it sound like I’m calling for imminent lawless action, or anything, but… ummm… if these jokers are already telling us they aren’t planning on playing by the rules, why are we letting them play the game? Maybe we should offer them tickets to Moscow.

2 Likes

It was always as certain as night follows day:

What an empty creature.

21 Likes

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR BOWELS

(h/t FIFY)

8 Likes

That crocheted cover makes that pillow look almost like a dog!

6 Likes

May I suggest “with all due respect” rather than “respectfully?”

4 Likes

I just saw where Nikki Haley said she will vote for Trump. I have run out of words.

7 Likes

MAGA: suckers never given an even break.

1 Like

60a0c612389228815730fc515306cc5f62958a0a_2_375x500

Shhh!!! Don’t let Kristi Noem see them!

9 Likes

Because it’s Latin, shouldn’t that be Mustelaly Excrementus?

1 Like

Can we have a hearing yet?

2 Likes

By the way, anyone know what those other two flags are?

1 Like

My question as well. Looking now.

2 Likes

George Washington, in 1775, during the Revolutionary War, commissioned two floating batteries and six armed vessels to operate against the besieged British in Boston and their supply transports. The ensign flown on these vessls bore a pine-tree symbol and the motto “AN APPEAL to HEAVEN.” It was a flag with a white ground, a tree in the middle, and above, the motto. The floating batteries of Pennsylvania, in the Delaware, carried the pint-tree flag in the autumn of 1775.

Since its creation during the American Revolution, the flag has carried a message of defiance: it comes from the 17th-century philosopher John Locke – An Appeal to Heaven – who wrote of a responsibility to rebel, even use violence, to overthrow unjust rule. Ironically, Locke’s writing that most influenced the American philosophy of government was his Two Treatises of Government, and has been used to defend the secularization of American political structures.

Sometime in the 2010s, the flag became appropriated as a religious and political symbol by some conservative and christian nationalist activists within the United States. In 2015, the Freedom From Religion Foundation demanded the flag’s removal from a county courthouse in Arkansas, calling it a “sectarian symbol that indicates government endorsement of Christianity.”

This “Appeal to Heaven” Revolutionary War flag was raised (Mr. or Mrs. Alito?) over Alito’s New Jersey beach vacation home in July and September of 2023. And, this month, delivering the commencement address at a Catholic University, Alito referred to it, saying that the freedom of religion is “imperiled.” House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., has also hung the flag outside his congressional office.

Alito definitely merits an inquiry for impeachment.

I hate to think that we will have to destroy our “An Appeal to Heaven” flag, as we did for the Gadsden Flag (“Don’t Tread on Me.”) These flags had serious meaning during the Revolutionary War. And it has now been “Stollen” by idiotic, ignorant-of-history, nudnicks during the years around and after 2008.

15 Likes

Sadly, Alito is a Phillies fan. It appears the “2022” flag on the right is a 2022 Phillies flag. The Phillies won the NL pennant in 2022 and went to the World Series.

Still looking for the other flag.

6 Likes

Or by violence. Not sure if that’s hook or crook.

1 Like

You appear to have missed the sarcasm indicator, “/s”, at tge bottom.

12 Likes

Okay, found it. The NYT updated its photo caption.

It’s a Long Beach Island flag. I don’t think it’s official (whatever that would mean). The only existence on the web I could find is this minimal site that explains all the symbolism, and indicates which local retailers carry the stickers, car magnets, and flags with the design. LBI flag | LBI Flag

@brutus1910

4 Likes

Safeguard American Voter Eligibility (SAVE) Act

Dems should pass this bill, and then immediately propose another bill that would make non-citizen voting more illegal. They could call it the Safeguard Against Fraud in Elections (SAFE) Act. Then after Biden signs that one, they could pass another bill that would make non-citizen voting even more illegal. They could call that one the Safeguard Against Fraud in Election Results (SAFER) Act. And so on, every week between now and the election. The more time the GQP spends on this nonsense, the less time they have to do real harm to America.

5 Likes