Report: Gaetz Used Venmo To Pay Indicted Sex Trafficker, Who Then Sent Cash To 18-Year-Old

I suspect if that had been the case, it would’ve been the headline. I can’t believe they would not have researched that in advance.

You have to give Gaetz credit…he sure as shit does not know when to quit. He’s a damn pariah in Congress and the laughing stock of the world…but he’s “hanging in there”. I imagine he’s out in the next few days ( thought 2 weeks ago initially ) to “avoid being a distraction” or “spend mote time” with a 17 year old hottie down in Steinhatchee.

Note to Gaetz…as long as you stay in Congress this story stays on A1 above the fold. Quit and it’s on A7 below a Ford Trucks ad.

5 Likes

OT: T**** may think he’s being a king-maker, but I have to wonder how successful those candidates will be with his endorsement:

Trump hands Rubio coveted reelection endorsement in Florida | TheHill

7 Likes

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) reportedly used Venmo to send $900 one night in March 2018 to his friend and alleged sex trafficker Joel Greenberg, who then Venmo’d the same amount of money to three young women, including an 18-year-old, the next day.

Waitaminnit… Greenberg didn’t take a cut of the cash? Highly unusual in that business.

4 Likes

Twin Peaches doesn’t give a fuck about the candidates’ success. His endorsement is purchased with a commitment by the candidate to spend significant campaign money on trump org supplied services.

9 Likes

He is correct. The federal sex trafficking statute makes it a crime in several different screnarios. All of them require crossing state lines and a “commercial act,” meaning anything of value exchanging hands among anyone involved. If the victim is under 18, that’s all you need. If the victim is 18 or up, the defendant also needs to have used coercion, force, or (IIRC) fraud.

ETA: I forgot to add that the defendant has to know the victim is under 18. Unlike most statutory rape claims, it includes the mens rea of having that knowledge. If Gaetz didn’t know, it’s not sex trafficking (though it may still be one or more state crimes).

10 Likes

When asked for comment, Jerry Fallwell Jr. replied, “they only cost three hundred dollars???”

16 Likes

“Your honor, I didn’t pay for sex. I paid for her tuition. And she was so grateful, that she had sex with me. Also, the fake ID I picked out for her said she was 18, so how was I to know she wasn’t?”

Let’s see how this works out for him…

12 Likes

She wanted a place on his show, The Apprentice. She didn’t get one.

4 Likes

What happened to Franken was terrible.

But, without making a judgment about whether it was worth it, I do believe that it shut down a lot of potential “both-sides-ism” from Republicans and the media about the consequences of sex harassment for politicians.

If we hadn’t run him out of the party, he’d have been brought up (rightly or wrongly) every single time Trump or Gaetz or any other Republican stood accused of (generally far worse) offenses.

5 Likes

Nah Etsy. So you can select your choice of custom frame and size.

How stupid theses guys are? If you are paying for sex and drugs you either do it cash or using untraceable cryptocurrencies.

3 Likes

Are you really a sugar daddy if you’re only in your 30s? Just asking for a friend. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

LLOL Right?! Are these people for real? This is actually several degrees worse than when Jerry Springer was mayor of Cincinnati and paid a prostitute with a check. This is exponentially dumber.

I hadn’t thought of that, but that’s most definitely on the table along with a dick pic. We are so gonna wind up seeing that assholes penis before this story is all said and done.

19 Likes

I suspect they do it now anyway - bring up Franken whenever stuff like this happens.

What I’d really like to say is, yes, it happened with Franken and, when the accusations were made, he did the honorable thing and resigned. It’s something the GQP just won’t understand about itself. The bothsiderism should really reflect the idea that when one does something bad, denial is the wrong route and responsibility is the right route.

Never happen, but it should.

9 Likes

Pretty damned stupid.

Matt Gaetz: “I got this.”

6 Likes

He got one free “date.”

3 Likes

paying for sex

It beats paying taxes.

2 Likes

“Greenberg reportedly wrote “Tuition,” “School,” and “School” in Venmo payments to the three women that added up to $900 the next morning.”

So, Gaetz wasn’t paying for sex, he was providing … scholarships?

Who can fault a fine young man for furthering the education of young girls?

This revelation will certainly put an end to this fake news.

12 Likes

Whoever volunteers for this duty ought to go up river with Gaetz. “[t]he rumors, gossip and self-serving misstatements of others will be addressed in due course by my legal team.”

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available