Report: Gaetz Used Venmo To Pay Indicted Sex Trafficker, Who Then Sent Cash To 18-Year-Old

Hey, they’re fair game at 12:01 AM on their 18th birthday, right Matt?

And even earlier, when you make them a fake ID.

6 Likes

Hubby says this young lady being 18 saves Gaetz at least a little, since she’s legal.

1 Like

The Daily Beast reported on Wednesday night that it had obtained records of the transactions, which were reportedly public on the app until this week, showing that Gaetz sent the $900 in two payments. The GOP congressman reportedly wrote “Test” in the memo field of the first payment, and “Hit up [name of 18-year-old]” in the second (the Daily Beast withheld her name).

Venmo has a “feature” where you can make your transactions public, likely so you can passively brag about where you ate and what you’re buying. It might even be turned on by default. But to leave it public while doing transactions for sex, just staggers the imagination. How stupid do you have to be? Did he also livestream his sexy photos to a public site? (we’ll probably find out by 5pm today)

34 Likes

Al Franken. Sigh. I still blame Gilleland. In the face of ambiguous evidence of potential minor misconduct, the Democrats lose leaders. In the face of clear evidence of sleaze and malfeasance, the Republicans refuse to leave until the evidence is published on Fox News and the handcuffs are rattling.

49 Likes

I don’t know, Stormy doesn’t strike me as the freebie type. And remember, it was Mango Mussolini.

3 Likes

IANAL, but as I understand it, the trafficking charge is aimed at the 17 year old crossing a state or international line for commercial sex. With a minor, it’s considered trafficking whether they consent or not. The trafficking charge would be in addition to a statutory rape charge. Trafficking wouldn’t apply to other women who are consenting adults paid for sex. That’s simple prostitution.

8 Likes

Has Gaetz never heard of using the green stuff to pay for things you don’t want to advertise on the internet?

11 Likes

He probably posted photos of his “prospects” on Pinterest.

5 Likes

“[These allegations] will be addressed in due course by my legal team.”

Yes, Matt, that’s what the prosecutors intend.

19 Likes

As I posted earlier, this creep has never heard of “walkin’ around money?”

7 Likes

It’s the mark of an entitled individual who has never had to incur a penalty for anything in his life. Daddy always took care of it for him, so he has no morals and no boundaries.

This is actually what I would consider a reasonable outcome for such a piece of sludge.

14 Likes

Bbbbut see! She was 18!

1 Like

But, Donnie did autograph the hush money check with his infamous Sharpie scrawl. What a damned fool!

3 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think even republicans think of masty gaetz as a leader, not even a leading asshole (both Gym and Cancun are ahead of him).

5 Likes

OT, but for “The Crown” fans, Prince Phillip has died.

8 Likes

Ok we got the hookers. Where’s the blow?

14 Likes

The photos would be safe there; no one reads pInterest pages, they just post things.

3 Likes

Well, when you’re paying for a several-year supply of Trapper Keepers for needy attractive young female students, you want the world to know you’re a philanthropist.

4 Likes

While that part is not the sex trafficking per se, the answer is yes to this precise question.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the girl who was 17 at the time was a “sugar Baby” Greenberg and Gaetz met via www.seeking.com … or was she recruited in another manner?

I think this makes a lot of difference.
Added:
Not legally, but as far her cooperation in nailing Gaetz is concerned goes.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available