Report: Boebert’s Comms Director Is Resigning After Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

That would be awesome and would send a message to Mitch.

4 Likes

Great news for all of us who believe in science.

31 Likes

That’s what caught my eye in this story- this dude previously worked for McConnell. He’s not someone who turned up in Washington D.C. with Boebert. He was established in D.C., he had connections and he thought working for her would be a good career move.

That tells me that the Q-caucus are not the outliers that other Republicans are currently pretending they are.

Edit: replaced “idea” with “career move” as I think it makes my point better

13 Likes

We should certainly hope so. The last thing Congress needs is a pistol-packin’ mama in the House chamber.

6 Likes

Check out his LinkedIn in my above post. He’s just one of many staffers working their way up the ladder, pretty new to the scene, just a few years in. Just because he was on MoscowMtich’s staff really doesn’t mean anything, they’re always cycling through fresh meat.

10 Likes

Is there some sort of program that generates these sorts of names for these folk?
They always seem to be out of whatever would be analogous to central casting for character names.

3 Likes

Same way as Trump, by lying their way to the top of the dung heap.

4 Likes

I’m trying to think of any scenario in which 500+ rounds and one handgun would be useful. Zombie apocalypse, maybe?

6 Likes

It’s really not all it’s made out to be in the press.

That’s maybe two trips’ worth of ammo at a pistol range for practice.

3 Likes

Mitch also cycles a lot of young men into jobs they are not qualified for. Hmmm…

11 Likes

She, like Trump, will have to be dragged out. She won’t go quietly and her Q supporters will defend her to the death. Don’t assume she will depart of her own accord.

6 Likes

So distressing, driving outside town today to see quite a few tRump signs up and several confederate flags that look like permanent fixtures. Most of those flags I’ve seen since moving back to Virginny.

4 Likes

When I didn’t know anything about his background, I suspected that, but seeing that she didn’t bring him with her, and he’s had very mainstream jobs, I now think he sees she’s trouble and is stepping aside before it falls on him too. Like @castor_troy suggests, I’m not sure he’d knowingly give tours to future rioters and insurrectionists.

15 Likes

Kellyanne is going to head his 2028 presidential campaign.

2 Likes

Probably there are a very few thinking people who would mind seeing her dragged out of the Capitol.

4 Likes

Especially one that is super familiar with delusions.

1 Like

The pain is still new…they haven’t realized yet that an amputation has been performed

4 Likes

Here’s my prediction: Boebert is going to end up being forced to resign as a prelude to charging her for sedition for her role in the capital insurrection.

12 Likes

They won their primaries and then got elected by sheep

3 Likes

Ah, he went to the University of Kentucky. Isn’t that little asshat who caused all the trouble at that pro-life march a few years ago also being mentored by McConnell, served as an intern or something?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available