Report: Boebert’s Comms Director Is Resigning After Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Half the time it’s just me pranking him.

Hours of lols when he’s getting strip-searched because the customs agents found a bit of plutonium in a false pocket at the bottom of his bag.

Let alone when I snuck an apple in his jacket pocket on a return flight from overseas.

15 Likes

Goldey had previously served as press secretary at the Department of Interior and prior to that worked for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

And he thought going to work for Boebert was a step up?

21 Likes

Love her hat. Must be promoting the emptiness between her ears.

7 Likes

The Jill Stein campaign button plant was the best one, though.

13 Likes

Yes ha, TPM is now referring to her as a gun slinger.

OT found out today who my rep is when I saw a group of protesters downtown. Almost didn’t stop because I wasn’t sure who they were and if they were gun slingers, but now I know, they want to get rid of the traitor Ben Cline. I’m new here so hadn’t gotten acquainted with who the rep is. Hope the protests continue.

16 Likes

Love it!

Kamala Harris will be sworn in by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor

66 Likes

If you’re a Republican, you have to ask yourself, are you a Mitch McConnell Republican or a Trump Republican and act accordingly.

It’s mean tweets at 10 paces, which is not really a fair fight since one side can’t tweet.

8 Likes

“Getting strip searched”

€5 in Bangkok now.

4 Likes

Quitting the gang after the bank has been robbed and a guard killed doesn’t help much when the men in black come calling.

16 Likes

Boebert - the Congressional version of the good ship Vasa.

6 Likes

Its too bad Biden can’t choose his Justice, because I’d love the poetic justice of him choosing Judge Merrick Garland.

14 Likes

His salary included a coupon for one free appetizer at Shooters.

4 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t quit the day she said this. I expect PR flacks to have good self-preservation instincts.

28 Likes

How does a low life nobody wind up with a coms director who worked for McConnell? How would she even have the connections? And don’t forget during one of her arrests she told the cops she had friends at Fox News. Delusional? Maybe. But it’s awfully suspicious when someone like this comes out of nowhere and becomes a member of Congress.

17 Likes

The career staffers tend to wander around between different folks as they work their way up. Since the politicians are always coming and going, there’s always a stash of staffers available who are looking for a new gig. Goldey was about to lose his gig at the Dept of Interior on administration change, so of course was looking.

ETA: Check out his LinkedIn. He’s a kid, just a few years in the political world working. Not some super-experienced hotshot that would be commanding great positions out there.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-goldey-66a2b4ab

28 Likes

Yes, I wondered the same thing.

3 Likes

The secretary of the department of the interior under W. Bush was Gail Norton who hailed from Colorado. She was one of those borderline Bundy types who claimed that there was a “war on the west”.

6 Likes

So; Boebert, Madison and Marjorie were supposed to be the GOP’s response to the Democrat’s SQUAD?

She was given an experienced Communications Director…and still mucked it up.

New York Magazine has a piece on 25 year old Madison Cawthorn…the fool actually stated he believed that he and the aforementioned Knuckle-hoods could have actually STOPPED the riots He also spoke of Harry Potter…and this precious piece:

“I genuinely believe, had we realized what was going on and sent myself, or maybe Lauren Boebert”… “some of these people who are just very recognizable to, kind of, the MAGA crowd; in the wheelchair, I probably would’ve been better, because it’s very easily recognizable. I might’ve just gone to the front steps.” And there, facing the rioters, he said, “I think we could’ve stopped them.”

19 Likes

My understanding(?) is that it does not have to be a Supreme Court Justice conducting the procedure. Calvin Coolidge was sworn in by his father, a justice of the peace. Why couldn’t Biden choose Judge Merrick?

10 Likes

From the article…

“In a floor speech before the Capitol riot, Boebert referred to “having constituents outside this building right now” who she would support in opposition to Electoral College votes for Biden in Arizona and Pennsylvania.”
… …
I am personally insulted the Ms Bobert would question my vote. I hail from Tucson, AZ and voted LEGALLY. My vote counted. Mrs darr worked a temp job in our elections dept. and she reported no fraud for Pima county where we live. Since Ms Bobert offered a "thousand apologies " to a fellow Member she should have at least one spare left for me. She should also apologize to all residents of Arizona as she has maligned all of us whatever our political beliefs. She should resign, take her gun and go home.

39 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available