READ: Notes From Top DOJ Official On Trump’s Conspiracy To Overturn 2020 Election | Talking Points Memo

Look up “Dunning Kruger” in the dictionary and his picture’s there.

6 Likes

There’s a great series of some sort in Great American Media Snookerings. The Iraq War and Trump would get things started.

2 Likes

How many can you fit into one nation?

People storming the capitol and physically assaulting people is a nothing burger, but being asked to wear a mask to protect your colleagues (and your own friends and family) is a bridge too far.

I am wondering how many people are, like me, quietly seething with enough anger at these clowns to say and do things they have never considered before - like speak up quite forcefully to old friends and family who are following and regurgitating this inane bullshit. I am old enough to just not have any patience left for stupid and not many fucks left to give. Some of my family thinks I am a crank, but the same folks consider the family member who infected half of the family and then died from COVID a patriot. It takes me back to Vietnam when people who lost loved ones never wanted to face the fact that they may have died in an unjust, unprovoked and unnecessary war.

OK then. Watch out, because I am in a mood. I never attack or berate people, but I am not letting any more asinine or FOX generated statements go unchallenged in my presence for the sake of “keeping the peace”.

44 Likes

Well, there’s more than one way to be egregious. :grin:

5 Likes

That one is such a gimme, I suspect Matt was sandbagging a little. Give someone else a chance.

6 Likes

Anyone else find it amusing that the watermark over the handwritten notes says “For Internal HCOP Use Only Do Not Distribute”?

8 Likes

When and if you do (and you definitely should!), just be aware that the first couple episodes of the series can feel a little confusing since one doesn’t know all the characters yet. Just stick with it, and you won’t be able to stop!

10 Likes

Thanks again Matt found this on the hill translates both comments on 4th and 5th page,

9 Likes

Actually it never occurred to me. This seems more in the nature of taking notes when you see a pattern of corruption or other naughty behavior in the office. It’s a criminal or otherwise reprehensible conspiracy etc., all right, just one you actually disapprove of.

6 Likes

That’s why I no longer get invited to family reunions. I refuse to self-censor.

19 Likes

This thing is getting a lot of play. Really undercuts everything Trump has said and done for the last, um, always, I guess.

15 Likes

:+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

11 Likes

I’m waiting for some butthead at the supermarket to ask if I’m “living in fear.”

7 Likes

Nothing. And that may well be part of the plan, but I would not expect such an investigation into one of the highest profile targets in the world to happen over the course of six or seven months. I want the man tried and convicted as badly as the next person, but it’s just incredibly unrealistic to expect such an investigation to have been completed by now.

Exactly. We’re not talking about charging some no name local county commissioner or something. This clown was POTUS. The case can’t simply be good or even great. It needs to be airtight enough that even if a couple of his voters are on the jury, they’d still vote to convict.

27 Likes

Not sure it would hit the same way now since I watched it many years ago (speaking of The Wire), but it took me 3 tries to get past the first half of the first season and it ended up being my wife’s and my favorite series of all time - except for the Sopranos, of course.

4 Likes

I’ll watch The Wire if you’ll watch Deadwood, and that way we’ll both have done each other a favor.

11 Likes

Yeah I love that line. It captures so much.

2 Likes

I have given up many relatives with the line “Don’t come to my funeral because I won’t go to yours.”

5 Likes

Now we know where Jim Lankford gets his “questions” about the election. Thanks, internets.

6 Likes

What a guy to work for!

That’s how those guys do it. They wear you down. Their argument is shite, but they keep making it over and over until you compromise just to make it stop.

7 Likes