READ: Notes From Top DOJ Official On Trump’s Conspiracy To Overturn 2020 Election | Talking Points Memo

The House Oversight Committee released handwritten notes on Friday authored by former Acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue, who recorded two late-December meetings in which former president Trump tried to use the DOJ to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1383008
1 Like

We can’t impeach him a third time, as he no longer holds office. What is stopping the government from prosecuting this POS?

57 Likes

I can’t decipher the handwriting. Is there a transcript somewhere?

4 Likes

I think it’s in an ancient language called cursive. I can’t read it, either.

55 Likes

OK. This is now openly very serious.

nytimes.com – 30 Jul 21

Trump Pressed Justice Dept. to Declare Election Results Corrupt, Notes Show

“Leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, the former president is said to have told top law enforcement officials.

Jordan and others need to be questioned under oath. Time to play hardball with the Republican Party.

96 Likes

I’m old (gen X) so I can normally read cursive. :smiley: His writing is just not legible to me on this screen.

16 Likes

Me too. But hard to read on the screen.

3 Likes

I can’t read it either and “I” have horrible handwriting and am the only person I know who could ALWAYS read DOCTOR notes.

Please get a transcript. It does not look like it’s a LONG piece to read.

7 Likes

Same thing that his first Impeachment was about: You just make the announcement & I’ll do the PR.

41 Likes

Cursive?

You mean: “This damnedable colander has holes in it!” ?

12 Likes

When Gym Jordan was asked by a reporter whether he had spoken to Trump on Jan 6th before, during, or after the insurrection, Jordan did everything but shout “squirrel” and run screaming from the interview. He’s in deep doodoo, and needs to be forced to testify under oath. He should be expecting that subpoena any day now.

65 Likes

It’s like trying understand the mumbly guy with the hat in Blazing Saddles.

4 Likes

I have some thoughts on that…

20 Likes

But those were NOT short phone calls.

How long was the GA Sec State call? Nearly an hour?

What a guy to work for!

21 Likes

I think they actually can, for crimes committed that were not in the previous ones. It’s been discussed as a way to bar him from running.

47 Likes

Now we really see why the Republicans in the Senate voted against a bipartisan commission. It is also the reason why we need all witnesses called before the House Jan 6th Insurrection Committee to do so under oath. We may have suspected this, but now it’s factual. We need to follow the letter of the law and clean house. I simply cannot understand what happened to the Republican Party and how anyone can remain a member of it now under these circumstances. Add covid-19 denial and the deaths in red states because governors and federal representatives have lied is simply too much to allow them to survive as a viable political entity.

79 Likes

It would be nice if someone.could type the notes and display them with hand written notes.

7 Likes

It’s happening but meanwhile, enough Republicans in Congress, States, and in the media need to be persuaded they can survive without his endorsement. As long as they think their political future is improved by kowtowing to Rump, they will ignore what they know he is.

13 Likes

There must be transcripts out now or on the way soon.

14 Likes

The fact that Democrats are squishes, maybe?

2 Likes