READ: Notes From Top DOJ Official On Trump’s Conspiracy To Overturn 2020 Election | Talking Points Memo

I would think it’s because they need an iron-clad case. It looks like it might be coming.

37 Likes

That’s actually an open question among Constitutional scholars. And an impeached and convicted federal official can be barred from holding future federal office, which would be the goal.

Not suggesting that this should happen, but it’s possible.

6 Likes

I hope so.

2 Likes

Georgia state Republicans have inched toward a possible takeover of elections in Fulton County after laying the groundwork for a process that could give the state GOP more power over elections in a county overwhelmingly Democratic.

Two dozen senators in the GOP-controlled General Assembly called for a performance review of Fulton County elections chief Richard Barron in a letter submitted Tuesday by state Sen. Butch Miller, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported.

“We do so as a measure of last resort, having failed to adequately assuage the concern that we, as elected officials, have regarding the integrity of the Fulton County elections process,” Miller wrote, according to a copy of the letter published by the Journal-Constitution.

31 Likes

We all saw him acting on this. He did it for months. But it’s just a bit different to hear about normal people, representatives of the U.S. Department of Justice, listening and taking notes as this freak said, “Just say the election was corrupt” as part of his biggest scam yet. It’s the smoking gun, the undeniable proof that he was subverting the government for his own scuzzy purposes. Shaking my head.

82 Likes

They thought they were going to pull it off.

Now they are trying to blend back into the crowd, well MOST of them at least.

18 Likes

I have been posting that thought for years.

And then there’s this:

““These handwritten notes show that President Trump directly instructed our nation’s top law enforcement agency to take steps to overturn a free and fair election in the final days of his presidency,” House Oversight Committee Chair Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) said in a statement.”
… … …
Ms Maloney, please repeat after me:

THIS IS AN ABUSE OF POWER AND SHOULD BE PROSECUTED.

It’s a sad thing that Congress lack the legal power to prosecute those who abuse power and break the law. All they can do is pass the evidence to those who can do so.
So get on with it.

43 Likes

I’m for a more subtle approach, myself…

4 Likes

From the NYT article:

“You guys may not be following the internet the way I do,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document.

Everything you wanted to know about TFG’s presidency in a nutshell. Consider that this person had access to our nuclear launch codes.

39 Likes

That’s Genuine Frontier Gibberish ©

9 Likes

The “Just say the election was was (sic) corrupt” part is on the top of the fifth page. You can blow up the image and it helps a lot.

7 Likes

Let’s don’t underestimate the significant possibility that Nancy and Chuck have known this for weeks if not months, and have been setting up the #TreasonCaucus precisely this way.

Yeppers.

Wrong, since you ask.

34 Likes

The Republicans have embraced chaos, disinformation and weaponized anti-science stupidity as being favorable to their “cause” - which can best be expressed as regaining power and retaining it forever. The choice between the two parties has not been this clear since the Civil War.

10 Likes

These notes were released by whom, again?

35 Likes

Absolutely. The Republican’s were given the necessary rope to hang themselves and they now have done so. Hard to see how they can remain a viable political party. Each Republican in office ought to be publicly asked how they can remain in the their party.

32 Likes

Election tampering and interference is a crime.

20 Likes

Bigly.

How many crisis actors, criminals and pedophiles can you fit in one room?

19 Likes

The next line is:

“+ leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.”

NO COLLUSION!

29 Likes

†Я☭mp is truly a shitstain on The American Experience and deserves to burn in all rings of Hell on Earth.

One thing I truly hate is his malignant narcissistic rhetorical device (likely taught him by Roy Cohn) incorporating a vast, unnamed general public into his insane proclamations, including but not limited to:

People say/want me to…
People tell me…
Everybody knows/says…
I’m told by many people that…
Many many people are saying/feel…

Of course, the feeble media never ask back, “Which people exactly?” This further emboldens him.

25 Likes